Chapter 14: Resting on a Cliff

(Arulla's P.O.V)

I was still heartbroken at Thorin, but I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw Bilbo atop Myrtle. His hands were raised high above his shoulders, gripping the reigns tightly, and he had a slightly confused face. I laughed and quietly rode up to him. He jerked when I put a hand on his shoulder. I smiled,

"Loosen your grip and relax your shoulders." He obeyed and sighed gratefully. He looked more comfortable and a lot less ridiculous.

My eyes flicked towards Fílí as I remember the bet that we made not so long ago. "Oi! Fílí! Pay up!" I shouted. He grumbled and reluctantly threw me a sack of coins. Bilbo looked at me confused, "What was that about Aranel?" I smiled.

"Oh! Some of us took wages in whether or not you'd show up. Most of them said you wouldn't. But not me, I had total faith in you." The hobbit smiled.

Kílí chuckled, "By Durin Fílí! The first bet you lose and you lose to a woman!" I chuckled and Fílí's cheeks turned red, "Well maybe I only took up her bet because I knew she was going to win. Maybe I just wanted to be nice." I laughed and turned my head towards Bilbo. His eyes were locked onto Thorin's back, he looked back at me. "Did Thorin bet?"

I sighed , "No, he's bound by royal law to not be able gamble. But if I know him as well as I do, he would've been against you."

The hobbit nodded in defeat and I rode on ahead. I was almost behind Thorin, but I refused to get that close to him, not after what I said to him.

Bilbo continued to complain, but my eyes were fixed on my fingers. When I looked up again, Thorin's eyes met mine. I smiled apologetically and looked back down again,

"We'll rest here!" Gandalf shouted to the company. It was a small cliff that overlooked a dense forest. I tied Amdir to a strong tree branch and began to take my things off her back. I feel eyes on me and when I finish my unloading I turn to see Thorin five feet from me. I smile and begin to walk away. He stretched out his arm and stopped me. I sighed and looked up again and only then did I notice that his beard that I oh so loved to twirl my fingers in was now cut and only reached out a few inches from his face.

I trailed my eyes from his beard to his eyes. When his eyes met mine, I could barely keep his gaze. He let me go without saying a word and I went to lay my bedroll only a few feet from his. When he came over, he sat on a small ledge in front if me. His eyes were tightly shut and he tried his best to make it look like he was asleep. I knew better, he was never asleep. I just sat there staring at him in awe. Although I was still mad at him, I have missed him so much that I forgave him.

Kílí looked up and saw me staring. He quietly got my attention and beckoned me to go over to him. I obeyed and sat next to the fire next to him, my eyes still locked on Thorin. Kílí sighed,

"You look at him like you know everything about him. Yet, you've only just met him. Why?" I sighed and looked up at him, "I know him better than you two." Fílí chuckled, "I highly doubt that."

I smirked, "Did he ever tell you the name of his wife and child?" Both boys bowed their heads and shook them, "No he never likes talking about them, let alone their names."

I smiled and looked towards the forest, my eyes traveled to Bilbo who was giving Myrtle a "secret apple". Not very secret if you ask me. The two boys tugged on my shirt begging me with wide eyes.

"Well come on Aranel! If you say you know the names then prove it! Tell us! We want to know!" I smirked and looked over at Thorin. he had a smirking smile on his face, I'm pretty sure he thought I wasn't going to get it right. I looked back and Fílí and Kílí, both boys waiting eagerly for my answer. I inhaled deeply and said,

"Améra and Arulla."

Thorin's eyes shot open.

________________________

Three chapters in one day? Man I am good! Once again thank you to all who have taken the time in reading this story. I love you all! Special thanks to InfiniteStarss and readalltime you guys are my rock for this!!!! You guys are true mellonnens!

Please rate comment like vote!

I want to know what you think whether good or bad!

Le hannon!

Namarië!!

-TC110