Chapter 25: Escaping Goblintown

(Thorin's POV)

I looked over at Arulla as I hear her whisper something loud and clear to my ears. I quickly look towards the two women and I almost stumble back but I lean closer into Arulla.

"No." I whisper softly, "That's impossible."

Both women look up at me at my words and I see the mother almost welt up in tears.

The Great Goblin sneered and looked from me to the two women.

"Oh! Would you look at this lads! The King Without a Mountain and his wench." The Goblin clasps his hands together and sighs mockingly, "They're having a reunion!"

The Goblins then begin cackling and I look over to the smaller woman who is called Freya.

"How old are you?" I ask. The girl is hesitant at first but looks up at me and smiles slightly as if out if fear, "78." I hear her whisper.

I glance over at our weapons and see a goblin hunched over Orcrist. When he unsheathes it, he lets out a cry and tosses it to the ground.

The Goblin King looked frightened and backed away in fear, stepping on goblins as he moved back.

"I know that sword!" The goblin pointed to the sword in fear, "it is the Goblin Cleaver! The Biter, the blade that sliced a thousand necks! Slash them all! Beat them all! Cut off his head!" The Goblin King growled as he pointed to me.

Lashes we thrown onto me and everyone in my company, and Améra and Freya as well. Améra was weak and frail I tried my best to move to her but to no avail.

I was toppled into the ground by a goblin hoding a dagger only inches from my throat.

"Thorin!!!!" I hear Arulla screech.

"No!!" Améra screamed behind her.

Before I could turn my head to face them, a massive explosion of white light had emerged, knocking the goblin on top of me into the chasm below. As the light dies down I can faintly see Gandalf, staff and sword drawn.

"Take up arms! Fight! Fight!" Gandalf yells. I suddenly gain my strength back and push any other goblins off me and make my way to my wife and daughters. I cradle both girls' heads in my two hands before I grabbed my sword and begin to fight for our lives.

I keep Freya tucked underneath my arm as I know Améra and Arulla can fend for themselves.

"Thorin!" Arulla screams. I turn my head and see the Great Goblin charging at me. I swing my sword and deflect his blow, sending him falling into the darkness. I tug Freya's arm and we begin to run.

I run much faster than my youngest daughter and I had to keep tugging on her arm to keep her ahead of me. I continue to slash and slice down any goblin I see, keeping Améra and Arulla in my sights.

I look above me and see goblins swinging on vines.

"Cut the ropes!" I scream. everyone raises their swords and axes and cut down the ropes making the goblins twirl around a dislodged piece of platform.

I keep running, Freya in my arms and Améra and Arulla not to far behind.

(Arulla's POV)

I see Gandalf's staff raise up towards a rock ceiling and just like that a boulder appears. I keep my eyes in my father and now newfound sister and Gandalf yells out an order,

"Push!"

We all begin to push our way through smashing goblins against the rock as we move. I grab my mother's hand and we run together, side-by-side.