Chapter 33: Visions of Old and Darkness to Spare

(Arulla POV)

~~~~~~~~~
"They are taking us for fools." The dwarf said, "This is a ruse, a filthy lie!" He growled with venom, "The Arkenstone is in this mountain! It is a trick!"

"IT IS NO TRICK!" I finally shouted, and suddenly the world stops turning. "The stone is real. I gave it to them." Bilbo gives me a quick and questioning glance filled with worry but I wave him off. I hope he knows I'm trying to protect him from Thorin's wrath.

Thorin growls lowly in his throat before turning slowly to my face, and I can see the heartbreak and betrayal in his own eyes, but I stand tall. "You. You did this?" He says in disbelief, I slightly nod. "I took it as my share."

"You would steal from me?"

"Steal from you? No no. I'm only allowing it to stand against my own claim." I answered, surprisingly without any fear in my voice.

"Your claim?" Thorin chuckled darkly as he began to move closer to me, but I stood tall and concrete. "You have no claim over me you miserable rat!"

"I was going to give it to you. Many many times I wanted to so badly but-"

"But what you traitorous dog!" He growled, and I stepped back at the insult a little and wasn't able to respond in time before...

"You are changed Thorin." Bilbo spoke out. "The dwarf I'd met in Bag-End would never have gone back in his word. Would never have doubted the loyalty of his kin, let alone the loyalty of his own flesh and blood." And Bilbo pointed to me.

"Do. Not. Speak to me. Of loyalty. Halfling!" He growled and shifted his gaze back to me, "Throw her from the ramparts!" And my eyes widened now in fear, not for myself, but for him... But then again no one moved, everyone was frozen in shock.

Thorin looked around and saw that no one moved, becoming angry he turned around and grabbed Fíli by the coat and dragged him forward, "Do you not hear me!" But Fíli straggles back and out of Thorin's grip. Now becoming a little bit furious he looks at me again, straight in the eye, "Then I will do it myself!"

And in a quick moment he had grabbed my waist and was dragging me towards the edge and all of the company tried to hold him back.

"Dwalin!" I screeched out, reaching my hand for the burly dwarf's but alas Thorin was quick.

"Curse you and that damn wizard who brought you to me!" Okay, now that one hurt and I'm not just talking about the heavy impact that braced me between the hard stone rock and the King's heavy black fur as he rammed me on top of the wall.

And I looked into his eyes, and I saw only my reflection and nothing else, I was afraid then so I swallowed my fear and softly spoke.

"My father always told me growing up that my great grandfather was always one to fear, but never would I ever fear him." Thorin's gaze remains stone hard and unrecognized, "and I don't fear Thorin Oakenshield. I never have feared him." The company gasped in shock, "the only person I fear, is the person he told me to fear." I chuckled a little to darkly and smugly before spating out the last sentence, "So what will you do...." and in a soft whispered growl I said "....Thror."
~~~~~~
My eyes wake up in a shot in the dark as my body collides with the mossy floor but I see nothing but white silk thread blocking my vision, and I hear groggy, dazed voices near me. Only one of them is distinct enough to recognize.

"Where is she?" Thorin bellowed and I flinch away slightly as the dream I had comes back to me and I shiver. "I'm over here!" I finally shout. And I hear the rustle of leaves and the white silk in front of my eyes was ripped apart and I could finally see.

I feel a warm hand cup my cheek and I look up and my eyes focused on grey-blue eyes, "Are you all right? Can you stand?" He asked me, and I nod slowly. "I'm fine, I need to stand, I can't feel my legs."

Thorin nodded and in a swift moment the silk threads were all laid in the floor and my legs were freed. "Come on, I'll carry you. " Thorin whispered and I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist as my chest was pressed against his back. "Don't drop me." I whispered in his ear, he chuckled lightly, "I would never dream of it."

(3rd person POV)

The twiddling of trees and branches grew louder, and spiders continued to emerge from every dark corner. Thorin and Dwalin continued to fight side by side. Thorin always keeping his back from them as Arulla clutched tighter.

"Let me down." She said hoarsely. Thorin obeyed and Arulla was quick to find feelings in her legs again and jumped into trees faster than Thorin could blink, her bow and arrows already firing shots as quick as they met the taut string.

Thorin was running down, what looked like, a path and glanced around quickly before shouting to the company, "Clear." And glanced up into the trees, but she was not there.

He moved forward again, hoping she would catch up but the shining white gold hair up high in the trees stopped him. the elf was clearly experienced, and familiar to Thorin somewhat. But only until he saw the elf up close did the recognition ignite.

But he had no time to confirm his recognition, because before he could even speak a word, the blond elf slide down the forest floor killing spiders along his way and aimed a point blank arrow at his head.

"Do not think I won't kill you dwarf, it would be my pleasure." The elf spat.

Another arrow appeared behind Legolas, just softly touching his neck.

"Kill him, and you set your own demise," The voice hesitated for a moment before speaking again, "Melda"

Legolas' eyes widen and in a quick moment turned around and now aimed his arrow at the person behind him and he almost fell apart in shock and only whispered one word,

"Aranel."

__________________________
Melda- Beloved in Quenya

Okay... How was that? You got both the teaser AND a new chapter!!! I'm so nice to you all ;) Well I hope that was all satisfactory to your liking and I promise we're almost out of Mirkwood... Just stay with me :) Thank you all again so much for your support and your comments they really make my day.. So thank you so so much.

BEFORE ANYONE IS CONFUSED:
Arulla and Legolas had a past.. that DOES NOT mean she never or does not like him... but maybe their relationship will develop... But I give no hints;)

Namarië
-TC110