Chapter 18: Love Sorrow then Happiness

(Thorin's POV)

When Gandalf came and freed us I was so relieved. But I was angry when I was the last one to be untied. Everyone crowded Arulla as she lay there on the ground lying still.

"Out of my way!" I bellowed. Everyone quickly obeyed and made a path for me to go through. I walked slowly to her and I stopped when I was at her arms. Her sack was already gone but she still lied there, not a single movement. I bent my knees and crouched by her side.

"Arulla. Come back to me. Come on. Come back to Adad." I whispered. it was hard to hold a firm face. I scooped her up in my arms and rocked her back and forth, crying softly into her hair.

"Please. Come to Adad." I sniffled and wiped a tear from my eye with my knuckles. "Don't let me lose you after I just found you." I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Dwalin. His eyes were also wet with tears. I looked around and noticed that everyone was crying for my daughter. I shook her in my arms.

"Come on! Arulla Nàvìàn wake up now!" I bellowed. "You said that you were a Durin so show me! Show me that you are a Durin! Show me!" I shook her and shook her but she was still. Tears were now spilling constantly from my eyes. Dwalin tightened his grip on my shoulder and said,

"Thorin! Stop!"

I shook my head, "No!" I grabbed her face in one of my hands and screamed, "No!!!!!!!!!!" I held her tight to my chest and I cried. Then it hit me.

"Gandalf!!!" I screamed.

He was behind me and answered, "Yes?"

I picked her up and carried her over to Gandalf.

"Can you heal her?" No response.

"Can you heal Arulla!"

Gandalf's gaze switched immediately from Arulla to me, "You called her Arulla."

I nodded, "Yes that would be her name."

Gandalf sighed, "She told you. Oh I thought she was never going to tell you." He sighed again.

My face turned dark and I spoke with a gruffness in my voice,

"You knew about this?"

Gandalf nodded, "Well of course! I was the one who saved her in Mirkwood 70 years ago!"

"Why didn't you return her home?"

"Because she thought you dead! And refused to be told otherwise! Stubborn girl!" Gandalf sighed. "Like Father like Daughter."

A small smirk played on my face but it was soon gone, we will finish this discussion later. We had other things to worry about.

"Gandalf can you heal her?"

He nodded, I sighed. "Lay her on the ground Thorin." I obeyed and softly placed her down. I backed away for only a moment as Gandalf muttered something in a foreign tongue. When he finished I was at her side again.

I held her hand tight and begged her to come back to me. "Don't leave me now that I've found you."

(Arulla's POV)

"Don't leave me now that I've found you" I hear Thorin say as his grip on my hand tightens. I fight hard to try and open my eyes, but they stay shut. I try again, but nothing.

I feel a hand hold my cheek and arms scoop me up. I fight harder than ever before and my eyes crease open only a little. I try again and just like that I am awake.

"Adad." I whisper. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead. "I am here âzyung. I'm here." I smiled. "Adad!" I wrap my arms around his neck and he goes stumbling back. He wrapped one arm around my waist and then cups the back of my head with the other. I smile in the crook of his neck and he holds me closer.

"I've missed you so much." I choked. his grip tightened, and he sighed, "Words cannot describe the amount of sorrow and love that came from me missing you." I cried harder. I had my father back. I pulled away and looked into his eyes I kissed his cheek and then stood up. I hugged him again and then turned to gather my things. I was dressed and all of my weapons were firmly attached to my person.

I went over to the rock where Thorin had laid and began to look around. I started to scramble around, searching desperately for what I knew should but there but wasn't.

"Looking for this?" A voice piped up. it was Fílí. I turned around and in the palm of his hand I saw my necklace. I nodded and Fílí slipped it across my neck. "Thank you Fílí." He smiled, "Is that what you meant? When you said it was a long story?" I nodded. He nodded and backed away.

I was taken aback when a foul stench caught me to follow it. I followed it to a troll hoard and I saw Thorin emerging from it with an Elven blade sling across his back. I smiled, as did he. I unsheathed my sword and he did too. Apparently he was thinking the same thing I was. Retrial! I chuckled. I raised my sword to touch the tip of his.

I nod to tell him I was ready. I nods back and we were off. He swung first, but I easily blocked it. He sung again but I parried and blocked again. I stopped fighting and Thorin did too. We both heard something.

"Something's coming!" Thorin bellowed. He glanced at me before I jumped into the trees. He nodded and I swung on branches and vines.

"Arm yourselves!" I hear Gandalf yell

I only made it a few trees away when I stopped. in the far distance I could see a sleigh being dragged but large rabbits. I chuckled

"Only one person I know rides a sleigh of rabbits." I whispered.

___________________________

See? I told you she wasn't dead!!! Haha! Well I hope you've enjoyed this chapter! I must honestly admit that it brought a few tears to my eyes. But this chapter has brought many emotions to Thorin. I wonder how he's going to deal with them later. *gasp* Shh!

Âzyung- Khuzdul for "Love or my love"

Please rate comment like!

Le Hannon!!!!! :)

-TC110