thirteen

[Enter, The Crimson Tyrant! Episode 9]

---

You didn't know how, or why...

But one second after Ace spews out his words, you had raised your palm to face from and spikes on crystalized ice began sprouting from the air.

They all appeared in a flash in front of Ace, too close for comfort as one of them was nearly going to poke Ace's widened and surprised eyes.

"[m/n]!"

Trey grabbed your raised palm and lowered it harshly. When he had tried to look at you, your eyes were dull, and he could see small bits of black ink-like blobs passed by your eyes.

"[m/n], don't. He's not worth it..." Trey reasoned you.

When you snapped out of it, you had immediately retracted your palm and tucked it in your blaze, lowering your head and muttering a small apology to Ace, who couldn't even register what just happened, no one did apparently.

"YOU BOYS! THIS IS THE LIBRARY, SO KEEP IT DOWN, PLEASE! NO FIGHTING, NO SHOUTING!"

Crowley suddenly appeared out of nowhere and you were glad he was the distraction you needed.

"You're the one that's shouting here!" Grim yelled, annoyed.

"Sorry...But why are you here, Headmaster?"

"Well..."

"[m/n]." you, who had been trying to conceal your presence, looked at Trey with tired eyes.

His eyes soften a small bit. He sighed and closed his eyes, "Please...forget whatever happened."

"What..."

"You know it was wrong," he said. "What I did was wrong. It wasn't supposed to go like that, I-"

"Let's talk about this some other time, then." he flinched at your cold voice.

So many things were happening at once and you didn't like it. You were almost always at the center of every argument, every chaos, and every problem that's been happening with the Heartslabyul students that you wanted to sleep for a month.

"I see, so that's what happened... You don't want to say sorry to Riddle to have the collar taken off... but you know that convincing the Prefect will not go smoothly..." Crowley summarized, mildly amused and also curious.

"That's about it yeah," Ace nodded, still a bit spooked at what you did to him.

"I see. If you dislike the way your Prefect does things, you do have the option to switch dormitories. However, the Mirror of Darkness is the one that judges based on what it sees in your soul, so it is actually quite a herculean task to transfer dormitories."

"Transferring, huh...that would sound like I'd back off. I'll feel like I'd lose to him if I do that, so I don't really wanna go for it. Nope." Ace shook his head, a bit too prideful about admitting.

"Very well. Why not challenge little Rosehearts into a duel and take the Prefect title for yourself?" Crowel dared.

"EHHHH?!"

"I said... please keep it down!" he whispered this time.

So Ace whispered back, befuddled. "It's because you said something weird, Headmaster!"

"What do you mean weird? Nothing is strange at all my boy, after all, little Rosehearts himself got to the position by doing the same thing. Little Frostbite over here has also been dueling a lot of students trying to take his position but none of them could get close," Crowley explained.