forty-four

[End the deal with the Devil, Episode 12]

---

Yuu and the others could not believe the scene they were witnessing right now.

"What the hell..." Deuce said in awe, watching [m/n] and Leona duke out with their strong magical powers. "What's going on?"

"Was this the reason why those twins were rushing?" Jack looked around, surprised to see they were first to come here than the twins. Not a minute after and Jade alongside Floyd had arrived.

The twins' eyes widened to a degree as they stared in unison at [m/n]. Their eyes shook when they saw him sweating and fighting hard, behind was Azul clearly abusing up the students that screamed and ran in panic.

"Azul, what are you doing?! Free [m/n] immediately!"

Yuu and the others turned to look at Jade who wore a horrified expression on his face. Floyd who was behind Jade could only cover his mouth in shock, "he really used it...for this?" Floyd mumbled.

"Ugh! What's going on?!" Amidst the chaos, Ace's focus was on Azul and you, two people with different actions yet causing the same degree of harm to people surrounding you.

"W-We successfully tore the contracts!" Ruggie shivered. 

"Then? Doesn't that mean Azul has no more control over everyone? What's going on?" Yuu asked in panicked. "Why is [m/n] attacking Leona?"

"T-That...that-!" Ruggie closed his eyes, remembering the promise he made with Leona and you back then. He fearfully shook his head, "I- I can't say!"

"Sigh..." Yuu sighed in dismay. He looked towards Leona and was trying to find a way to help when the ground shook.

"Ew! What's this- what's going on?!" Floyd pointed at Azul who's form was out of control like he was going rogue.

"Ah! Jade, Floyd. You guys are here, quickly!" Azul reached out his hand in their direction like a child wanting candy. "Come...give me your powers!"

"This won't do," Yuu mumbled. "As long as Leona's fighting with [m/n], then we'll have to defeat him ourselves..."

Jade and Floyd's faces grew unsure. Azul was still their friend, but when he chose to drag someone helpless and use them, then this wasn't the Azul they knew.

"...Who said we had to defeat him?" Jack inquired. 

"What do you mean?"

"As long as we can get that contract that's keeping [m/n]-san bounded, then we could have an upper start,"

It was true, although the more they tried to stall the more Azul grew impatient and so he did one thing. "[m/n]- stop that and just go capture them for me,

"What-?! [m/n]-" With one last gush of wind from his pen, [m/n] sent Leona flying once more and he rose his arm to Yuu's direction.

"What the-" 

Yuu and the others could feel vibrations from below, then their gazes lingered on the ice that encircled them, slowly rising, rising, rising...Until they were inside an ice dome.

"...Don't touch them," Jack warned everyone. "This was just like that dome [m/n]-san created back at Savannaclaw, if we tough this then we turn into ice.

Floyd scooted closer to his brother. Jade also took a step back from the ice walls and sighed deeply.

The ice dome opened, but the only exit was blocked by Azul who smiled. You stood behind in turmoil, searching at your neck.

"Should I just take over?" the voice mused in your thoughts. "No magic can be more powerful than me. As long as he's in that state then I can get him out, what do you say?"

You let out a helpless noise and shook your head. "Fine...it's not like you haven't been controlling me since you came in," you laughed lightly. "I've been weak all my life, this "gift by witches" powers are just for decoration to label me as a Frostbite royalty," you said bitterly.

"Well, it's not like that's not true," the voice mused. "Now, if you really feel bad, then when the time comes I'll go in and protect you. Deal?"

You rose a brow, "Protect me? What's gotten into you so suddenly?"

"..." The voice didn't respond and you rolled your eyes. "Fine. Go ahead and take over, just don't hurt them and do what we always did,"

"Save your friend and swallow it yadda yadda...I know!" the voice grew annoyed.

Unbeknownst to everyone who had already been fighting Azul. The sudden appearance of overblot really shocked them Jade and Floyd grew worried while Yuu and his friends readied their magical pens.

"Why is he an octopus?!" Ace shrieked in surprise.

"That's just his normal appearance under the sea!... But what's the shadow behind him?" Floyd cautiously looked behind Azul to see the shadow, and behind that shadow.

"[m/n]!"

Everyone's eyes turn to see the blur behind Azul. Suddenly gripping behind Azul who struggled. "What's going on!" Deuce asked in a panic.

"Gr-! [m/n]! What are you doing-! Let go! I order you to let go!"

Yet despite the yells of command, [m/n] only smirked and tilted his head. Everyone could now see his appearance, but instead of his usual silver hair and icy blue eyes, it turned back to that one appearance that Yuu caught.

It was like another person was in that body...

"What..." Azul said in disbelief, feeling that the contract became null.

"Oh, this?" [m/n] made everyone widened their eyes when he gripped at the special contract. "Eh, it was trash anyway." and he crumpled it like it was nothing.

"Weak magics are for weak people...like you," [m/n] laughed and pointed at Azul who fumed in anger. 

"What is happening! Didn't we have a deal?! You should obey me! You gave me your body so I can use it however I like!" he screamed in rage, unable to contain his calm anymore.

[m/n] frowned in displeasure and leaned closer. "...You did do your job, and [m/n] did his...But Hey, octopus, did you once think that [m/n] could do...this!"

A wave of dark matter surge the area and everyone felt like kneeling from the pressure. [m/n]'s maniacal grin was different from the usual calm and serene smile that Yuu saw.

Azul had doubled over, yelling in frustration. "This is why everyone bullies me! Even you...! Yeah, I'm weak, I'm a trashy octopus-"

He couldn't even finish his sentence when he felt a grip on his head. He looked at [m/n] who wore a blank face and gripped his head tighter.

"Good, good, just like that get worked up and build up your power," [m/n] grinned and licked his lips.

Everyone could see this happening but they couldn't hear anything. Although Yuu had an intuition, he felt something familiar.

"...It's just like last time-!" Yuu tried to yell to step back but felt his vision being engulfed by a bright light, the same goes for the others.

They grew blinded, none could see but they knew who was the source of that bright light and a strong surge of power.

[m/n] laughed.

"Thanks for the meal, Azul."

---

[ :D]