forty-eight

[???]

---

Your eyes teared up a little as you yawn. The night was when the air grew colder and at the same time when Bliz and Fern had to come by to recharge.

You grabbed your magical pen, gently rubbing the gem with your thumb as you looked at it closely. You had never used magic from this pen whenever there was no need, for your magic core was reserved for your two Vice Heads. Rather, you would use the gift given to your family instead.

Now the problem here relies on your core because the Frostbite family has always carried two cores in their body to access both magic and power. But you, you were special. With three cores residing in your body, each one was fighting to be dominant and make you lose balance and make chaos inside.

So you chose to sacrifice.

"[m/n]?"

There was a knock on the door and you softly answered. The door opened and two identical people peeked in and walked inside. You nodded at them and gently sat them down on the bed.

"If you're ready, let's do it,"

"Alright," Bliz and Fern unbuttoned their collars downwards, showing their pale chest.

You bough your hands to their abdomen, gently closing your eyes, and pushing them down the bed, slowly and softly. "Alright," you took a deep breath in.

Bliz and Fern gradually froze, like ice, their skin became cracks and ice crystals replaced their natural pale skin. Their eyes became hollow until they broke, their hair because ice until it shattered and everything that became physical now became ice.

You blinked and felt your magic gradually sipping back in, feeling the three cores back into clashing. You groaned and took a look at your ice puppets. Every night you had tried countless ways to solidify them once and for all, to grant them real bodies and give them your magic core.

It was dangerous, if your magic core was gone then you might be expelled from this school, but so what? It was better than constantly creating chaos, making students fear you, and making everyone distant from you because of your coldness.

You sighed and went back to touching the broken ice figures. Gradually creating two new pairs of bodies made of ice using your power, it took you a lot of effort not to faint. Seeing the broken cracks and shattered eyes repair themselves, your replaced your power with your magic and tried to insert all of your magic and split it in half for them to share.

Seeing them regain their original appearance, you hummed and gave a little more time. Once you saw Bliz's eyes twitched, you retracted your magic and took a step back.

"How is it, do you feel anything?" you asked.

"No...it's the same," Bliz patted his chest, "Are you sure it's okay to continue like this, [m/n]?"

"No...it's fine," you shook your head. "I know you guys enjoy your time here at school and I'm glad to be of help, so I'll continue to find ways to get you to real bodies." you clenched your fists while looking determined, making Bliz laugh softly and patting your head.

"You're a good kid," Bliz smiled and shook Fern awake.

"Maybe," you laughed and bid them goodbye, feeling your body finally collapse onto the soft sheets of your bed and sleep.

Tomorrow was going to be a new day, and by then, you'd have to start planning what you had wanted to do for a long time.

---

Without [m/n] noticing, one core gradually slipped out and formed into a black inky matter. Beside the bed, a shadowy figure formed and snuck outside the dorm and into the school.

Deleo had so much to do, so much to discover. Because of the recent overblot situations, he had become much more active and now he even dared to slip out of consciousness and shift into [m/n]. 

The same face, same height, and same voice yet his hair was dyed ink black and his glowing yellow in mischief. His tan skin felt the cool air and his grin was stretched wide that it started to hurt.

The excitement of finally escaping and now having the freedom to explore, although it was for a small time, Deleo was contented, plus he rather favors it inside [m/n] than the boring activities of humans and magic.

The reason he had wanted to escape for a while was to sniff out any possible food he could find, from animals to humans. Which now lead him to Ramshackle dorm.

His physical body turned into inked and slipped inside the locked door and into Grim and Yuu's room. No ghosts had felt him so he easily went inside the room. His glowing yellow eyes shone in greed, his hands turned into long sharp claws.

The claws reached out to trace Grim's cheek, and Grim feeling the sharp sensation, open his eyes. He yelled in fright, "GAAAAAAH!" attracting Yuu who woke up all of a sudden and went into a defensive stance.

"What the--!!" His eyes widened, seeing a familiar person grinning at him with a playful wave. "...[m/n]-san?"

Deleo rose a brow, finally getting a good look at Yuu. This is [m/n]'s person, so he should've probably stayed away...but the animal beside him...he wanted it.

So he didn't say anything and ignored Yuu and reached out his claws to grab Grim again. Grim produced flames to try and scare Deleo away but the flames had stayed out of Deleo's skin like it didn't want to hurt him.

"...Your fires are pretty," Deleo chuckled. "You look pretty strong," he licked his lips and stared at Grim like he was staring at food. "I'll let you go, for now, let's fatten you up some more," he chuckled and dissipated into dark ashes.

"..." Yuu was in disbelief, not only was he ignored, but he had felt that the person who sneaked into their dorm was not the [m/n] he knew.

Although they sound the same and look the same, their physical appearance from hair to the skin was different.

Almost as if...there was another [m/n].

---

[happy 100k reads!]

[also, if you haven't noticed yet, the [???] chapters can be counted as [m/n]'s episode story]

[also, I totally pictured deleo being samar gaztri,,,he looks so smexy,]