thirty-nine

[Deal with the delightful Devil, Episode 7]

---

Watching them battle with creatures who ruled the sea was... a bit sad.

You, who could do nothing but watch them all fail could only sigh. You were at a disadvantage, your vest was left in the class, you had no magical pen and you couldn't use your ice carelessly on water.

So you did the best you could do.

Block the twins' view and ushered the others into the mirror far away from the tweels.

"Go, now! I'll follow you guys." you didn't look back but you did hear Grim utter out a vengeance-like cuss and sighed.

"My, my. That was pretty foul, [m/n]." Jade's smile remained but something told you this was more menacing than his usual smile.

"So? You guys were as foul as me. Maybe even fouler," you rolled your eyes and crossed your arms.

"Oh, but [m/n], don't forget." Jade and Floyd swam closer as their tails gently encircled your wrist, then they pulled you closer as they chorused,

"A deal is a deal, and you'll forever be bound to it until we decide when to set you free,"

---

"What?! [m/n] was with them?"

Yuu blinked at Leona's sudden aggravation. Leona, noticing how he had reacted, coughed and then made up an excuse. "You mean...Azul tried to drag [m/n] into this?"

"It could've been the only way," Yuu said. "Although at first, he could only be aside from the battle, but when the twins were close to getting to us, he had interfered."

"...I see," Leona gritted his teeth then sighed. "Well...you guys got lucky, you would've stand no chance against Azul."

"Eh? Why so?" Grim asked.

Leona had begun to explain everything he knew to the trio. At first, he was considerate to not do anything that would involve him in any way. But then he had caught on that [m/n] had been dragged into this so he showed them no mercy.

'That damn octopus bastard dares endanger [m/n]?'

Jack gasped in offense. "What a guy! He's a scheming, cheating, lying bastard!" he exclaimed.

Ruggie shrug. "I wouldn't per se call him a cheat since his own magic is high-leveled enough," he said. "Although, it won't probably compare to [m/n]."

Leona nodded. "I haven't given him any of my magic during any of our deals, so I don't really know how it works," he said.

"Then what did you give him in exchange, Leona-san?" Jack asked.

Leona growled, his eyes turning into dangerous slits. "It's don't matter. Don't make me remember it if ya don't wanna face my wrath."

"Well..." Yuu spoke up again and everyone's attention was on him. "I...I heard that [m/n]-san also made a deal with Azul-san...is it possible to ask him if he has any information...?"

"No."

"Alright, I see." Yuu flinched at the beast men's dominant stares and looked down.

Leona and Ruggie's words were absolute, They didn't know how it got out to the first years but they were smart enough to know that it was a very fragile memory to be remembered.