forty-seven

[End the deal with the Devil, FINAL Episode] (2)

---

Yuu could see, Azul fidgeting the hem of his blazer while continuously excusing himself. Yuu squinted his eyes, leaning close to Grim. "Hey...is it just me or is Azul acting too nervous?"

Grim also squinted at Azul, tilted his head, and replied. "Mmm..yeah! Now that 'ya say that, his eyes are darting around like a scaredy-cat,"

"I guess he's got some apologizing to do after all," Jack chimed from beside. "I heard [m/n]-san's already out of the infirmary, but he doesn't want to see people at the moment,"

"Not even the prefects?"

"No one except for his vices,"

"Right, I forgot he has two...is that even possible?" Yuu asked, so far he always saw the heads with only one vice, most of them aren't officially one but they stuck to the role. Then there was Bliz and Fern, a rather mysterious bunch of second years that never really appear.

Yuu found it weird, with how colorful their characteristics were, he never saw them in any part of the school, not even once.

It was like they weren't even real to begin with, just a figure of imagination.

---

Azul's eyes trailed over to the painting a few feet away from the class picture. His eyes glossed over in shock, seemingly caught in a daze by what was in front of him. Suddenly, a distinct memory flashed by his thoughts that made his heart pound hard.

"Azul, hey,"

Azul turned around, ready for what's in store. Nothing could've expected him to fall in love at first sight all over again by the person in front of him.

You smiled at Azul, but you stayed rooted to your part. It was weird, being underwater back in your fish form, but what was weirder was when Azul couldn't stop staring, he couldn't even say anything.

"Azul?"

"O-oh...ah, yes...uh," Azul stuttered in embarrassment, seemingly caught that he was staring at you for too long. "Um, [m/n]? May I take you somewhere?"

You nodded softly.

Looking around, Azul picked a place with fewer people...well, no people. You've heard he rented the whole museum for the day and that's why the halls of the museum were quiet, the occasional awkward talking of Azul was resonating.

"So...uh,"

'Well, this was very awkward.'

You pursed your lips and kept your hands at the back. "Azul, is the reason you brought me here...is it to say sorry?"

"...No, I don't want to say sorry," Azul said bluntly.

You furrowed your brows in disappointment, and Azul caught one. Then, he began to explain.

"...I won't say sorry...because I know it isn't enough," he said. "This..." he showed the contract, it was probably useless now that Deleo destroyed it, now it's just plain paper with no magic.

"Whatever...whatever I did when I was blotted, everything that happened then, I know It was harsh, horrible even! But...I know that my no ending guilt is nothing compared to what I did to you," Azul sighed and then he ripped the paper into pieces. "This trash...this paper that made me lose our friendship--"

You stayed quiet, but your body was shaking, your shoulders felt light, your eyes twinkled. 

"...I don't deserve whatever you gave me," Azul looked at you with complex emotions swirling in his eyes. "And I'll make sure to repent for my sins. Whatever I did, it was what past me had done...Now- Now...I want to change that,"

Azul took your hands, he clasped them gently and he smiled. "[m/n]..."

"Azul," You nodded, urging him to continue.

Azul smiled, bringing the closed hands into his lips as he kissed them gently. His eyes looked at you deeply, like a smitten little cat, and he closed his eyes briefly. Once he opened them again, a new profound emotion was present in his face.

"...Will you do me the honor, of starting over? As your friend...as your... boy friend"

Your eyes were blurred a little, from the genuine apology Azul had given out, to the gentleness he showed to you. It made you go soft. "Oh, Azul..."

"I know this will take time, but we still have a few years left," Azul said. 'And I promise, by then, I'll make sure to give you the care you deserved, the protection you had wished for, I will make all of that happen."

"This is weird," you whispered to Azul, cheeks a bit flushed. "I'm flustered, you- you're doing something here...Azul,"

Azul smiled, and he said nothing more, only waiting for your response.

And what he got was a tight hug. "Of course, Azul!" you said in joy. "I- this was never about me, or about how you should devote yourself to me," you pulled away from Azul and softly breathe. "Azul-  don't wholeheartedly do this, save some for yourself. You and I, both of us need healing," you touched his chest with your palm, and your chest with the other .

"The two of, let's go through this together," you said.

"Then, may I do the honors?" Azul asked. 

"Gladly," you smiled.

Azul nodded and took a step back. He looked at you and bowed, "Hello, I am Azul Ashengrotto, 2nd year and the Dorm head of Octanoville," Azul's eyes looked up at your giggling form. "May I ask what this lovely man's name is?"

You chuckled, "Hello, I am [m/n] Frostbite, also a 2nd year and Deighfrysa's Dorm Head," you bowed with courtesy, "It is lovely to meet you, Azul,"

Azul smiled, "Likewise,"

Both of you laughed, the tension from before finally cleared. This was nice. This was perfect, nothing could possibly ruin this friendship, you were positive about it. 

Azul was a special guy, anyone would be lucky to have him as a lover.

---

You groaned and stretched your arms wide. It was another day for school and you had to go to Idia for some assistance. The new game was just released and you were having trouble clearing up the boss, if Idia was free then you'd probably make him the one to defeat the boss.

But now, you were in a good mood. Right after Azul had apologized and finally reconsiled with you, the mood for whenever you two met was more warm, and lovely. Something about always looking forward to seeing Azul made you fluster.

You touched your chest, feeling no beating, your heart was still frozen making you fell nothing but the coldness of the center.

But you did not worry, you made a deal with Deleo after all.

A deal with the devil, a body for a heart, power for life.

---

[not yet edited but I had to publish something to confirm that yes, this book is still alive.]

[ anyways, my apps r malfunctioning, my messenger is damaged and automatically blocked evry.single.one. of my contacts and I'm using discord to chat them ugh.]

[fluff before more angst I guess : ) ]