twenty-eight

[The beast inside him, Episode 10]

---

"This is a mess!" you wailed and conjured up more ice walls to the best of your ability, you had tried to gather everyone in one spot so that you could focus with one big wall but they're too distracted by being panicked.

"Leona!" you yelled. Leona was at the center of the storm, his wicked grin on display.

When Leona heard your call, he hesitated, almost stopping his chaos, but he shook his head and focused on his own ambition.

Make them suffer!

"Leona! You're so powerful, so why would you resort to something like this?!" Riddle yelled, also struggling to conjure up his Unique Magic with the wind blocking his sight.

Leona growled, "Why...? Does the reason even matter to you? Or what, you're going to try and comfort me?" Leona laughed mockingly and shot a glare at Riddle. "There are many things in this world that we can never have no matter how much effort we put into it.:

Then, he pointed at a struggling Ruggie, whose body was in pain. His skin was covered with sand and some it was beginning to crack open bigger. He was coughing and his throat felt too rough and dry.

If this goes on, Ruggie will be in danger.

Jack, a man of justice and right, couldn't bear it anymore and screamed. "STOP!"

In that moment, with one blink, Jack who was once human had transformed into a giant white wolf.

"Woah..." he was glowing, you saw.

"H-He transformed to a wolf?!" Yuu shrieked in disbelief.

"What the f- Ah!!

Jack didn't waste time and had attacked Leona straight on. Pouncing onto him and pinning his sides so that he can't escape.

With Leona distracted, Riddle took the opportunity to lock him. "Enough, Leona. Off with your head!"

"Gah!"

"And for extra measures..." you put your hands down on the ground and chanelled ice to freeze upon Leona's waist, caging him down to the ground and frozen.

And with that, the attack stopped.

Ruggie hunched, coughing and panting. You ran to his direction and used your pen to conjure some water, making him drink a lot of it to quench his thirst. You had also applied minor ice to encased his body to feel cold and make him rest.

"You okay?" you put a hand on his cheek and watched him blink in a daze. "Nothing wrong, right?"

"No...I'm okay," Ruggie wobbly smiled. "Thanks, [m/n]."

"It's no problem," you smiled and put a small peck on his head. "Stay here, okay? We need to handle the situation." you jogged over to Cater and the others.

Ruggie blinked rapidly then flared red. How were you so bold to even emit that kind of skinship with him?!

"Nice, we stopped Leona's rampaging magic! Yay~!" Cater cheered. "Thanks, Riddle, [m/n],"

Silver nodded to Sebek, "Sebek, come and let's bring the others to a safe place."

"Don't order me around!," Sebek grumbled.

"Now, now," you went in between. "Both of you stop and just hurry, the others are pretty traumatized and we still have a place to clean up."

"Hai! [m/n]-senpai!" Sebek wasted no time and rushed over to the other dorm members.

Silver scoffed and shot a dirty look at [m/n]. "Why does Sebek always listen to you?" he murmurred.

You lightly laughed and shrug, "I don't know? just go~" Silver nodded and joined Sebek.

Meanwhile Leona struggled against two things that locked him down. "Damn you all...! A collar on a lion like me?!"

"Jack, where did you obtain that kind of magic?!" Leona shot an enraged look at Jack who was beside you.

Jack, who flinched at his idol's glare, made you put a hand on his shoulder to gently assure him it was okay.

"That...Unleashed Beast," Jack explained. "Unleashed Beast is my Unique Power, and it lets me transform into a giant wolf...!"

"That's unique, Jack," you smiled. "And here I thought you used some banned transforming potion but it turns out it was you all along,"

"Ah...thank you, senpai."

"Hah...turning into an actual dog with magic? That's unique alright!" Leona cackled.

"Shut up, Leona." you said.

"Leona-senpai...I...I named to join this school because I looked up to you!" Jack suddenly spurred out a story. "Where did the guy I looked up to go? Why...why are you like this? I..."

Leona irked. "Who gave you the right to do that? Shut up...ack!"

"Play nice, Leona." it turned out you had squeezed him a little with the ice trapping him as a threat.

"You know..." you said to Leona, "I shouldn't be one to talk, but maybe you should stop Leona. I...can't really look at you right now," you said.

"Oh gods, why is he like that?! [m/n], go to your room and stay there. I can't bear to look at you while you're...you're like this!"

It hurt you say that but it hurt Leona even more to hear that coming from you, his close friend...can he even call you that with how he's feeling?

"[m/n]'s right. Go into solitary for a while and cool off...no pun intended," Riddle deadpanned and you snorted.

"What do you know? Shut up and don't order me around like my brother..." Leona bitterly spoke and sighed.

"Ah, a man like you suits a collar more than a crown, to be honest. I'm tired of hearing that the king of the Savannah is the lion,"

"Hah?!" Leona and everyone else turned around to Lilia who was suddenly infron of him.

"Given your talents, I had always lamented the fact that you could never become king, however... You now live a life full of sloth and every time you betray someone's expectations, it is the other party that you find fault in."

"Lilia...maybe that's-" you had tried to stop him but he continued.

"And you think you can become king with that attitude? Compared to our dignified king, Malleus, that is truly laughable. Even if you have defeated Lord Malleus, if you do not rid yourself of your rotten heart..." Lilia sneered.

"You can never become a true king!

"Lilia!" you spoke. "Maybe that was too harsh."

"Hahaha..." 

Leona laughed.

"No...[m/n], Lilia's totally right. It's exactly as you said, Lilia... Hahahahaha!" what was so funny in this that Leona had to laugh?

"Something's wrong..." you murmured to Riddle who was immediately alerted.

"I will never...become king. No matter how hard I work...!"

The area darkened and the wind picked up paced.

---

[i caught a fever and been sneezing all day plus I'm tired so updates might come in slow...idk : D   ]