twenty-three

[The beast inside him, Episode 5]

---

"You should really know how to handle those two, [m/n]."

All of you had stranded on the main street, away from the twins, and in a panting and sweating mess.

"That was scary...What's up with those guys anyway?" Grim asked you and Riddle.

"Don't ask me. Those two have always been so difficult to grasp that I can't really understand them," Riddle shook his head.

"I don't really get what's with them. But Jade and Floyd have always been a hefty bunch," you said.

Cater coughed out air, tired from running. "Well, those two seem like they would target you for revenge if you hurt them,"

"Oh- hahaha- don't expect target, expect fear instead." you snorted.

"O-Oh...hahaha..."

There had been this one time that you'd accidentally froze their food into clean ice and broke it. And the fact that that was their favorite and the last bunch the cafeteria sold.

Later that day Jade and Floyd had avoided you and it made you a tad bit sad. 

---

"Are they that petty?" You grumbled near Azul who was busy writing down papers for the opening of his new bar.

"Well, you did just froze and broke their last piece of favorite food." Azul paused, "Oh- you better hide then... Floyd and Jade would hunt you down into hell once you ever see them."

"But...but they're avoiding me,"

"Then that's worse. Pack up and drop out."

Of course, Azul was joking.

You felt guilty, so you had gone your way and use the privilege of being a royal born to call a few people who'd been loyal to your side for a while.

"Yes...yes, thank you so much! Alright, now? Okay! Bye!"

As you waited in your dorm room, a snow owl dropped on your window with a bag gripped on its beak.

You gave the owl a treat and watch it flew away. Opening the delivery, you smiled and made sure to wrap it up in a nice present.

The next day, you had gone on your way to ask some people if they've seen the twins but everyone kept avoiding you for some reason.

This had upset you and nearly froze the gift food because of your emotions. You held back and went back to your class.

Big mistake.

Once you went to your desk everyone looked in your way. The second you sat down the support broke and so did your chair. The food you carefully held onto had flown out of your hands and landed in your head, coating you with it.

"Bwahahahaha!"

A pair of laughs echoed and the others had to resist the urge to laugh. The twins, however, were enjoying their prank revenge.

You didn't.

"Ugh..." you were soaked with the sauce and your clothes became sticky. You wiped your face and stood up, effectively quieting the class except for the twins.