forty-three

[Deal with the delightful Devil, Episode 11]

---

"What's going on?!"

Ace and the others could see a glowing light above them and felt their heads feel lighter. "The anemones...they're gone!" they celebrated.

Jade and Floyd looked at eachother in surprise, a creeping feeling in their hearts. "That can't be..." Jade mumbled and a flash of a familiar white haired came into his mind.

"...What did you say?"

"Hey, what's going on?" Unlike Jade who had a panicky feeling, Floyd was more confused and wondered if something came up back at the lounge. 

Grim threw them a triumpanth smirk and cocked his little head and said: "We made a deal with Leona to help out with our plan, yanno!" he chuckled evily.

"Haah?" Floyd sneered, "There's no way that sleepyass lion will cooperate with you," he rolled his eyes.

"Truly...he should want to avoid a colission with a fellow Prefect, and Azul at that? What in the Pacific Sea dared him to help?" Jade rose a brow, not completely believing Grim's words, but there was still a possibility.

With you involved in this, if Leona managed to surprise an octopus in shock, it would naturaly attack back. And Leona always wanted to find a way to help you break free from Azul's bind, if this was his hidden plan then he should've known better.

Azul was always one step ahead.

As Grim explained all the things he and Yuu did, everyone present had "Ah..." and could now notice how Grim's voice had began to crack a little and with Yuu almost always silent the whole trip. Their voices must've worn out from all that screaming.

"Now that my wind magic is back, I can finally fight back!" Ace laughed. 

"Come forth, cauldron! Yeah...it's back alright," Deuce grinned in excitement.

"Seriously? Out of all things you could summon it had to be a cauldron?" Yuu asked Deuce in a deadpanned manner and Deuce shrugged in defense.

"Meh, it grew on me."

"Gyaahh! We're underwater right now so I can't confirm my fire powers!" Grim sulked.

"Oh dear, Floyd let us return." Jade put a hand on Floyd's shoulder and with a serious expression he said, "The anemones being gone could only mean two things..."

"Yup, I have a bad feeling about this..." Floyd touched his fore arm in concern and thought about you and Azul. He looked at Jade and nodded, "Let's get outta here and back, quickly!"

"Now  hold on right there," Deuce blocked their excape, "We're finally getting serious here... come on!"

Ace was behind Deuce and put his hands on Deuce's shoulders, mimicking Floyd's gesture and he grinned. "Don't say you're going to leave yet~ Play with us a little bit more~!"

Floyd, catching up on Ace's mimick, made a face and leaned to Jade. "Was I always that annoying? I don't think my voice is like that,"

"Floyd, no time to interact with a bunch of seaweeds, we need to go." Jade turned to the people present in front of him with a serious demeanor. "Out of our way, or else." he threatened.

Floyd looked at them with a mirrored expression of his twin."You're pretty annoying for a small fry. We'll deal with you soon enough, bleh!"

"Floyd, leave them be for now-" he watched Floyd pounce in with his magic pen and battled. "Ah good grief...this idiot,"

It didn't take too much time and Yuu could only look at the twins that were discussing something in secret. Without proper magic, he was nothing of important but he had always been good at hearing and eyeing people.