forty-one

[Deal with the delightful Devil, Episode 9]

---

Riddle was agitated, but he kept his composure under control. You weren't in class all day, and you weren't even at school.

He tried to find Bliz and Firn but they were also out of school. All three of you were gone.

He could always find himself gazing at your empty seats and remembered how you slept through countless lessons.

It wasn't just him. Leona and Azul were wondering where you were. Azul was needier to have you beside him especially with the fall of him and Floyd, he needs your comfort.

Leona was worried. He was waiting all day in the garden but you didn't show up and he was worried about what had happened.

The disappearance of [m/n] was widely concerning to certain people who held him dear.

---

"Sea sheep~"

"[m/n]-san,"

Your hazy eyes looked up to find two familiar look-a-like that was standing on the balcony of your room.

"Jade-kun...Floyd," you mumbled and stood up and tried to come to them, only to stumble and fall down.

"Goodness," but before you could even hit face-first on the floor, Jade swiftly came to your side to hold you up, his hands placed on your hips and neck.

"Ah~ That was a close call back there~!" Floyd giggled and went to your bed to lay down.

Jade smiled and lay you down beside Floyd who had already attached himself to your side. He nuzzled his face in your neck and you smiled a little while patting his hair.

"Why are you guys here?"

Floyd, who was just in a soft mood, suddenly scoffed and grumbled. Jade who was sitting near the end of the bed, sighed and patted Floyd's leg.

"This fella right here and Azul had a fallout. You might've already known that the first years were trying to sneak at Azul's safe,"

you nodded.

Floyd who was beside you yelled, and you winced at the closeness of the loud volume to your ear. "That's not true! Azul was being a jerk and tryna order me around. I hate that guy right now," he rolled his eyes and you did too but for a different reason.

"Then why are you two here?"

"To check up on you, silly." Jade chuckled and pushed the strands of hair away from your face. 

Jade's eyes soften in worry seeing you breathe heavily and sweat profoundly. Floyd who was hugging you could also feel your suffering right now.

"And perhaps we're here to warn you too," Jade mumbled. "For one, the first years are going to go head-on with Azul tomorrow," Jade said.

Your eyes widened. They were still going to continue even with your threats and words. They had more gut than acknowledge.

"Haah," you closed your eyes and inhaled deeply. "They're going to get tangled up in a deeper battle," you groaned and felt Floyd hug you tighter like a teddy bear.

"Floyd, gently!" Jade slapped away Floyd's hand when he saw your squirming. 

"Well, we know what'll happen, right?" you hummed and looked up at the ceiling.