thirty-one

[End the beast inside him, FINAL Episode]

---

The ice melted, everyone could finally go out. Riddle and Cater ran towards Leona and [m/n] who were passed out, the others towing behind.

"Hey, Leona...wake up hey!"

"Is [m/n] still breathing?"

Grim slapped Leona's cheeks repeatedly. Yuu tried to calm him down but Grim said it was his way of taking out his anger.

"Ng..."Leona's eyes opened, his surrounding still blurry so he blinked a couple more times.

"Finally he's awake!" Grim sighed in relief.

"Wh...what'd you say?" Leona woke up confused, with no memory of any chaos he had done in his previous overblot state.

"Kingscholar..." Everyone parted as Crowley entered and crossed his arms. He looked down on Leona and asked, "You went into Overblot after all those negative feelings consumed you, do you not remember?"

Leona touched his head and closed his eyes, the memories were blurry and pain in his head. "Bersek, me...? Overblot...You've gotta be kidding..." he groaned and laid back down on the ground.

Then his eyes went to [m/n] who was crowded by Riddle and Cater. "[m/n]!"

Now everyone's attention was on [m/n]. And-

"Dear god...!" Crowley said in horror.

There [m/n] laid, eyes closed and barely breathing. His body...coated with dark ink and his hair glowing bright white than its normal silver color.

Something was going on inside [m/n].

"I'll take it from here!" Crowley ushered to [m/n] and wrapped him up with his cape. He used levitation magic to float him up but it didn't work.

"Headmaster...?" Ruggie called out.

Crowley's eyes were casted but then he turned around and asked for two people to carry [m/n] out and into the medical vicinity.

"His body is rejecting magic? That can't be!" Deuce said in shock. "Our bodies were made to be in harmony with magic...so why?"

"Nevermind about that!" Crowley eased everyone that was thrown into panic, it seemed as if [m/n] had a bigger impact on them than he expected. Even red Riddle was close to crying.

"He's fine now and all he need is to drink a potion that Professor Crewel will brew. He's fine! He's fine..."

"Right..." Yuu said slowly. "But- eh? Grim, what are you doing?"

Grim was flying around Leona. "The Magical Shift Tournament is about to start! Leona, if you don't confess I won't be able to participate in the game!"

"What the hell is this thing babbling about?" Leona snarled, still a bit angsty about [m/n]'s condition.

"You see..." Jack explained. "These guys were chasing after you because Headmaster said that if they catch the culprit they can compete in the tournament..."

"Oh yes, I did say that...yes, I did!" Crowley laughed it off but anyone could tell he forgot about that promise.

"Really? Just for that?" Ruggie face palmed. "You're more desperate than I thought! For that reason only? Not even about caring for others but to participate?"

'Hey! We did it to protect others too!" Yuu, Deuce and Ace defended themselves.

"Yeah! You guys injured people because of the tournament too so we merge our priorities and catch you guys!" Grim said.