nineteen

[The beast inside him, Episode 1]

---

A few weeks passed since the hectic happenings at Hertslabyul dorms and right now you were trying to enjoy a peaceful lunch with Vil, Rook, and the boy that Deuce and Grim had mistaken to be a girl names Epel.

Epel reminded you of Riddle in a way. Maybe it was because of their face? both delicate but their eyes held a powerful aura with high spirits.

"It seems as if the cafeteria is more hectic than normal, right Monsieur Frost?" Rook played with his hat with a small smile on his face while Vil and Epel minded their business.

"It's because of a stupid sell-out," you grumbled and sighed. "Vil, congratulations of another set of million followers by the way," you congratulated Vil who was checking out his social on his phone.

"Why, thank you, [m/n]." He then blinked at your hair, "It looks like it's grown again, would you like us to personally cut it, or style it even?" Vil offered but you decline, you wanted to grow your hair for a while and leave it like that, a simple side tie would suffice.

Seeing Ruggie enter and then looking downcast, you narrowed your eyes and excused yourself. Vil was reluctant but then approved of it with a condition that's you'd let him do your hair.

You nodded and went your way to Ruggie who was cornering Grim. He was looking at them like how a prey would target its food and you sighed, thanking yourself for grabbing one deluxe mince cutlet sandwich.

Just in time. As Grim was about to reluctantly hand out his own deluxe, you called him out. 'Ruggie, hello."

That effectively stopped Ruggie's performance and turned to you with a wide smile, waving enthusiastically while Grim hid between Ace and Yuu who looked cautious at Ruggie.

"[m/n]! Yo~! Did you also miss the food wars? This little cat over here was actually about to trade me his food for Leona-san, cool right?" once again, Ruggie tried to influence Grim but you stopped him.

"Nah, I've been here for a while. Here, give it to Leona if he wants it," you handed him your deluxe and Ruggie blinked unsurely. "Just take it~ I've already had my share with Vil, said he was on a diet again so I finished it off for him."

Ruggie carefully took the deluxe sandwich in your grasp and gave you a wide smile. "Thanks [m/n]!" he shot Grim and the others a look that almost said 'you guys lucky you got saved'.

"Well then," you turned to look at them 

"What's up?"

---

"So the Headmaster told you guys to come to see him after school? It must be about the incident that happened a few weeks ago," you hummed.

"Oh, the evil villain berserker mode, huh. That might be it, yeah," Ace confirmed your thoughts.

"Maybe he might give me a canned tuna as a reward for being a big help that day!" Grim puffed his chest in pride. 'I was pretty cool~!"

"We doubt it."

For a few more minutes of talking you decided to skip the next class and wander off into Leona's hideout only to find him fast asleep.

One step closer and his ears twitched. He lazily opened his eyes and when they found you, he slowly stood up and motioned you to come over.

"You wanna sleep too?" his raspy voice was alluring. "Surely you don't skip class if you don't want to sleep."