forty-six

[End the deal with the Devil, FINAL Episode] (1)

---

Azul shot awake, a big mistake on his part because as soon as he tried to stand up, he plopped back on the floor with a headache.

Floyd and Jade, upon seeing Azul go back to his original human state, walked closer in a flurry. "He's awake," Floyd and Jade surrounded him and Jade squatted down. "Azul, how many fingers am I holding up?"

Jade showed an eight, Azul squinted and his eyes twitched. "e-eight...? fingers...?"

Jade smiled in relief, "Indeed. It looks like you're still a bit shaky," he motioned to his state. "But...I'm so relieved, it looks like your blot has subsided, for now."

Azul reeled in slight surprise to see Jade show genuine concern for him. It made him a tad bit awkward, but the feeling was always welcome.

And...speaking of comfort—"Ugh—!"

Azul tried to remember the same warmth he felt earlier. Where? How...When? But whenever he tried, it only made his headache worse.

Leona didn't help.

"Leona!"

Azul was in shock, feeling a hard punch to the side of his jaw. "Leona!" Yuu said in disbelief.

"You. Deserve. It." Leona gritted his teeth, gently shaking his hand loose. "For what you did!"

"What..."

"Look what you put us through! What you put [m/n] through!"

'[m/n]!' Azul's eyes widened and looked around. Sure enough, there you were, sprawled, battered, and beaten. "[m/n]!" he ran to you, even ignoring the cries of the others.

Azul's lips trembled and his eyes shook. He kneeled by your side and took your hand. It was cold, not like the normal cold, but cold as in nothing.

"What in the world...d-did I do...?"

Jade walked towards you both. He gently put an arm on Azul's shoulder. "You used your magic a bit too much and went into overblot...you did a lot of things. Do you not remember?"

"Yeah! You were sucking everyone's magic while chanting "Give me your powers~~!" like you were dead!" Floyd laughed, but then it turned serious. "You even went to use that...special contract. You hurt [m/n], Azul..."

"...I-I can't- there's no way...I did that? I-I used [m/n]? L-Like that...?" Azul was in a state of turmoil. "Unbelievable..."

Leona walked closer too, already calm as his rage was finally satisfied. He shot them a look, "[m/n] is unconscious, my senses are a bit keen and it's been telling me somethings happening inside."

"We better get him back to the infirmary."

---

"Why am I still here?"

You looked around the white space. Deleo appeared in front of you in the form of a shadow with no real solid figure. A mere chuckle resonating in the empty space. Your brows furrowed, "Deleo?"

"I had to," Deleo reasoned. "You've used up to much magic, if you were to wake up right now, some of my bearings will be stuck onto you and when you use magic again, you might go into overblot."