thirty-three

[Deal with the delightful Devil, Episode 1]

---

Contrary to what the first years had experience, the remaining years were rather calm about the whole ordeal of chaos that happened a week ago.

The first years, while traumatized and scared by what happened, were ensured by the second years to above, that the whole phenomena was a normal occurrence in this school.

So far none has died but only passed out and the first years wondered who could've done this.

The first and foremost suspect was [m/n] Frostbite himself, yet that rumor was diminished when the rumor of how he was passed out during the whole thing had spread quickly.

Now that a week has passed ever since the chaos that happened, people were bustling in the halls of the school while carrying books while going in and out in the school library.

NRC has been quite busy today, with the Exams happening.

"Ah! [m/n], why are you trying to get up-"

Then there was the weak [m/n] who was currently still stuck in the medical room.

Kalim had ushered to his side and led him back to bed again, earning a small whine from the silver-haired male. 

"Didn't Headmaster Crowley said to not move? Your body is still healing from all that reckless saving you did..." Kalim pouted, "Really, why didn't you call for us? Why'd you had to save that Leona all by yourself? Maah~"

"Sorry..." was all [m/n] could say. It seemed like much time inside the lonely room limited his pronunciation and communication that he couldn't even face Kalim properly.

"Ah, it's okay...Do you want to eat? Jamil made us lunch~!" Kalim was happily able to feed [m/n] himself again. "While we're at it, I bought notes on both classes, it seemed like different classes had different core subject to I sought Azul and the other second years to help out,"

"Thank...you," [m/n] patted Kalim's har gently while not noticing the faint red hue on his cheeks. "D-Di...Uh, when is...test?"

"Oh the test?" Kalim pondered for a second before saying: "It's this week!"

"Ah!" Your eyes widened. Cooped up in bed all week and the test is coming close?!

"I...Have to get r-ready!" He shrilled. "Why didn't...any-nyone tell me-" He coughed out.

"Careful," Kalim patted [m/n]'s back gently. "You'll probably be out tomorrow but until then you have to stay here,"

Kalim wanted to ask about what had happened last week and why did [m/n] suddenly caused havoc but judging from how he was acting...Kalim didn't have the heart to see [m/n]'s eyes glossed and ponder.

"Just...rest, for now, I'll brush your hair 'kay?"

---

The whole day countless people, mainly the ones [m/n] was close with (now including the rowdy first years too) had been visiting him in and out.

At one point, even Leona peeked in and had scolded [m/n] for what he did again.

'You're always tryna' sacrifice yourself like some meat in a lion's den," Leona grumbled. "Just- just don't do it again okay?"

"...I can't really promise that," [m/n] smirked.

"You-"

[m/n] laughed when Leona tried to shake him and saw how much Leona was trying to be careful even just by gripping him.