forty-two

[Deal with the delightful Devil, Episode 10]

---

"I'd really want to give them to you...but I got threatened by Yuu, so-" Leona shrugged in a carefree manner, like none of this was his problem. And in a way it was true.

"...So it was Yuu! It was always Yuu! He didn't want it to end easily does he?!" How hysterical was Azul being, it made you look away. 

"Azul it's just better to stop here," you tried talking to him. "Look, I'm not trying to add salt on your wounds but this wouldn't have happened if you just lay low," you sighed.

"No!" you were startled at his abrupt brashness and you took a step back. "That was my work! My everything!" Azul kept jabbing his index finger on your chest. "You don't know how much I've been saving up those papers...after all, I could finally-!"

"That's enough, Azul!" Leona roared.

You looked behind and saw Leona dangling the papers. "Pick on someone who has a big threat to your life and doesn't try to include those who didn't even do jackshit to you." Leona gritted his teeth. "This is why you're such a prick, Azul!"

"Because you're so greedy that you don't even care if you hurt people." Leona "tsked". "Fine then, if that's what you want then this is what you get...!"

"King's Roar!"

"Oh my god..." you mumbled behind a horrified Azul as all of you watch the papers become dust to nothing. "He really did it.."

'But why don't I feel anything changed...? It can't be...could it?" you felt your body and felt nothing changing, not an ounce of spark, or pain, just stillness. You feared fOr the worst, Azul might've been more cunning than you thought.

"My contracts! No!"

Eyes full of pity, you watch as Azul crouch down and hung his head low while he scavenges the ripped piece of paper on the ground. He was looking a little mad in the head. You pursed your lips and went beside Leona who immediately held your waist without you minding it.

"This is what happens when you try doing provocating shits, Azul." Leona scoffed. "You were lucky...if it wasn't for [m/n], I would've destroyed that face of yours too." you looked at Leona in a deadpan.

"Oh shut up, "You just secretly wanted to destroy your contract with Azul, didn't you?" Leona blinked and gave you a cheeky grin. "Well...that and of course for you!" he said.

"Aw, that's sweet," you smiled and patted his arm. 'Well, I don't know what's happening right now but I guess Yuu and the others really brought out the energy outside of you,"

"Ugh, don't even..." Leona groaned, remembering the constant ruckus Yuu and his pet raccoon had been doing.

"Azul?" you tore your attention back to Azul who's still slumped on the floor while clutching his chest still. You put a hand on his shoulder, and you felt him shake.

"Azul...?"

"Ah..."

"Azul, you good?" you were growing worried.

"Ahhh...AHHH!"

You backed away in surprise when Azul looked up. His pupils were dilated and his tone was menacing.

"Ahhh~~! I Don't want to do this anymore~!" he laughed like a lunatic.  He finally broke character, you crossed your arms.

"Because of you...my contracts, my hard work! They're all gone! Gone!" Azul pulled his hair.