twenty-one

[The beast inside him, Episode 3]

---

"I can't believe you're such an idiot."

"Well hello to you too," Trey rolled his eyes as you announced your arrival with a straight-up roasting session.

"Only an idiot would really fall like that. At least you should've fallen with style, like saving Riddle like a hero or-"

"But I did save him-"

"Yeah, but in the process, you couldn't save yourself. What type of hero are you?"

"Oh shove off," Trey groaned. "I'm already pissed at being stuck here because now I'm going to miss the Magift training,"

"And it's bad enough that few Heartslabyul students involve in the Magift got hurt too," Cater whined. "Trey, our star player, is out of commission too~" he wailed.

"Pause." you blinked. 'Did you say some of the dorm members here injured were involved in the Magift?"

"Mm...not directly, but they were supposed to do something for the Prefects then they got injured. I think they also fell off or tripped."

You and Trey looked at each other.

"Pardon the intrusion~," a knock on the door and you told them to come one. Turns out it was just the Quadro coming to visit Trey.

"Clover-senpai, are you doing okay?" 

"Yahoo, Glasses! We came here to check on you!" Grim waved.

"Oh, it's the A-Deuce comno~ You even brought Grim and Yuu with you~" Cater waved them a greeting.

"Hello~" Ace paused. "Wait, what's with the "A-Deuce" thing, is that some sort of gang?"

"Oh, hearts no!" Cater laughed. "It's just that both of your names end with a CE that I made that up. And because it's a mouthful trying to say a lot,"

"P-please call us by our names! People might get the wrong idea..." Deuce pouted.

"Oh, enough of that. Trey-senpai, are you okay? What exactly happened to you?"

Trey scratched his neck with his hand, "Ah, I missed a step on the stairs." 

You narrowed your eyes at his excuse.

"I tried to be cautious during the fall, but my right leg ended up getting the damage. I'll have to be in crutches for a while."

"Oh- that's a big bad problem..." Deuce said.

"Yeah, kind of. I won't be able to participate in this year's Magift Tournament from the looks of it." Trey shrugged.

Grim grasped his bag. "Well, I thought of letting it slide if it was just a small injury, but...here," he gave Trey the bag.

You peeked inside and saw a few canned tunas and you covered your lips to not show your stifled laugh.

"Have some canned tuna as a get-well present. Get better soon, 'kay Glasses?"

Aw, how sweet.

"Haha, thankyou Grim." Trey smiled and handed the bag to you who rose up and put it at Trey's table.

"Geez, give me a break~! It's already tough without our star player Trey. Now we gotta find more players willing and re-do the player selection..." Cater whined and gently shook your shoulders once you sat back down.