thirty

[End the beast inside him, Episode 12]

---

'Right...if this was for Leona maybe I could...'

"Right? Right? Leona's your precious friend~ If you really want to help him then you need me~!"

There it was again, that annoying voice that was present before at Riddle's Unbirthday Party. The voice was back and now it sounded excited at the possibility of another meal.

"Riddle," you locked eyes with him and made up your mind. "I'll stop this," you said.

Riddle's eyes widened, "What- [m/n] are you crazy?!" he screamed. "This is dangerous, and you're the one who's been using magic for a long duration," Riddle said. 

"If you keep this up you're the one who might go into overblot!" 

"No, I'm not going to use magic...I..."

"Yes? Yes? You'll be using that...right~?"

'Shut up! I can hear you but I don't want to. Get out!'

"No, [m/n]." Riddle made his firm decision. "You're my...friend, and I don't want you to get hurt again! We've got plenty of people here to stop Leona-kun!"

You really admired Riddle's way of thinking. You smiled and looked around to see everyone, even the magicless Yuu, fighting and defending against Leona.

"You're right, Riddle..."

Riddle let out a huge sigh of relief, for a moment he really thought you were going to go head-on again and get yourself in danger--

"But...I'm sorry."

Riddle paused and shot his gaze up at you. "What-"

"I want to do this, by myself."

Everyone paused to find something looming over them...but not all of them.

"[m/n]!"

A huge thick wall of ice was covering them like a blanket, the sun was gone and the inside felt cold.

"No. No, no, no, no! [m/n], let us out!" Riddle dropped his wand and banged on the ice.

"What? [m/n], [m/n] did this?" Cater asked in disbelief.

"Ngrraaa! Not even my powerful fire magic could melt it!" Grim said in awe.

"Amazing...so this is that person's power?" Jack commented in amazement, gazing at his hands on the wall of ice.

"Ah!"

"Riddle-kun!"

Everyone's eyes locked onto Riddle whose arms were frozen, particularly blue and coated with ice. Ruggie's ice widened, a memory suddenly on his mind.

"No one touches the ice!"

Too late. 

"Gah!" Even Jack's hands that were on the ice once was now coated with frozen layered ice.

Ruggie's eyes trembled, remembering this familiar spell that [m/n] was so proud of. This spell was casted once when they were back in Leona's kingdom, and now he's using it here.

This spell...it was dangerous, maybe even more dangerous than Leona's.

And this wasn't even its final form.

"This..."Deuce said in concern. "If we touch the ice then we get frozen along..." he said.

"What is...why did [m/n]-san do this?" Ace asked. "Going as far as even trying to threaten harm on us?"