fifty-four

[Currying favors with the Sultan- ep. 6]

---

'It's hell,'

Yuu sprawled down the ground in agony, body twitching in pain. He went too look at the others who were in no good condition as well.

"W-water. . ."

"Uggghhh! I'mgunnadieee~"

"Haahhh!"

"This is hell," Yuu's lip twitched at the thought. It seemed that whatever was on earlier was nothing more than calm before the storm.

Kalim had gone them through rigorous training and left pain over their bodies in response. Most of the Scarabia students, specifically the older ones, seemed to be used to it as they had mild reactions.

But them on the other hand. . .

"Finally! It's over!" Grim plopped with a loud thud.

Jamil spared him a glance then coughed, "Kalim may have felt responsible personally. . . I mean we did place last in the Spelldrive interdorms, and got an overall bottom score in the exams." He explained. "He's got that teenage girl mood swings I guess,"

"More like he's an entire different person!" Grim exclaimed.

"Is he always like that though?" Yuu pondered over this idea well. Most of the times he's seen Kalim, he was always sunshine and filled with energy. He also liked to climbed around [m/n]'s back most of the time.

"Don't worry," Jamil answered, "I've known him for a long time, but even I am at a loss on how to approach him not when he has that volatile temper of his currently. . ."

"We all look up to him of course, but his behavior. . . It left us all at a loss on what to do." He helplessly shrugged, his face seemed to show worry for Kalim's current actions. "He's been making unreasonable demands, I've done my best but this is already beyond my abilities. It may only be a matter of time before the students snap I fear. . ."

Grim tapped his chin to think. "Hmm, yes! Both you and Trey in Heartslabyul, you two have it rough as vice prefects huh,"

Yuu began to zoned out, but then Grim and his name was mentioned.

"You and Yuu, rumor has it that you two have outstanding abilities to solve problems of the other dorms. I mean, Heartslabyul, Savanaclaw, even Octavinelle!"

"Heh heh, we sure have!" Grim began to gloat.

Yuu covered Grim's blabber mouth and smiled wryly, "Yes, though I guess we have to thank [m/n]-san for that too. He's always been one step ahead of us after all,"

"[m/n]. . . you say? He also have a part to play in those rumors?"

Yuu smiled and didn't give the answer Jamil curiously wanted.

It was because he could see the apprehension behind those eyes of his. Like a snake caught by surprise by a trap.

"Well since we're a big deal, that's fine, but that ain't got nothin' to do with what we have on right now." Grim flew closer to Yuu and whispered; "Psst, Yuu. Let's pass out on this dorm's business, they seem worse than the previous one and I still had headache from that!"

Jamil, displaying a look of a pitiful person abused to the point of exhaustion, showed them a hopeful look. "You. . . will aid us, won't you?"

Yuu may felt bad vibes from Jamil, but that doesn't ignore the fact that Kalim was getting out of bounds. He was going to poke his nose on this one, he guessed.