thirty-two

[???]

---

Your father stood in front of you, silver cane as his support as another person walked inside.

Your eyes widened.

"Brother....what a surprise," you weakly smiled.

However, both of them didn't reply and only gaze at your... form. You could see your brother putting his hands on his mouth as his eyes widened in horror while your father remained indifferent.

"You go around parading like that. Did I not tell you to keep that disgusting power hidden?"

'tsk' You closed your eyes and sighed, reciting the script you've put in your head over and over. "No, father. But I had no other choice when Leona was out there and in danger-"

"Shut up! Foolish child!" You flinched at your father's loud voice.

"Father... [m/n] just recovered, maybe you should tone it down-"

"Why do you still protect this idiot child, Eloise?!" The father yelled. "He'd been nothing but a burden in your way, look at...this thing!" he used his cane to poke your inked skin in disgust.

"And you even dared to not let Deighfrysa play against the Magical Shift Tournament?! Are you mental?!" he screamed. 

"Father it was beca-"

'Shut up I said!"

"Father!"

There you were, trapped in ice with nothing else but your eyes moving. Your eyes which was trembling in fear for what you father did.

Eloise tried to undo what your father did but he was simply too weak than the old man.

"You dare defy the only glory where you could've showcased your worth. And now you're left with nothing. Nothing!" your father spat and exited, not even bothering to undo the spell he did.

"..."

"I'm so sorry, [m/n]," Eloise whimpered. "I'm no match for father and I can't undo this...' he put his hand on the ice around you.

"But knowing father...this'll thaw away by later, he wouldn't want to be seen as a bad man in front of people he wants to flatter after all," Eloize bitterly smiled.

"Don't worry," he said. "As soon as the coronation happens, I'll make sure to drive our father away from here and..."

Eloise clenched his hands and closed his eyes, memories running wild in his head like a broken record.

"Let's build a snowman after...just like old times."

---

"They're gone...are you okay?"

The voice was back, but this time it took a much calm and gentle approach than the previous times.

'I don't know what to feel...' you said in your head. 'Father has always found my presence annoying and a hassle ever since I did one thing wrong in the past...'

"Your brother is no better though," the voice said. "How dare they look at my creation as if it's a monster? They should feel blessed to even see this!"

'...Who would want to see a person like this?' you laughed. 'I'm a freak show, and there's no changing that...' you lamented.

"Well, at least the 'freak show' has style," the voice said.