fifteen

[Enter, The Crimson Tyrant! Episode 11]

---

You did not expect that.

You did not expect Ace to actually stand up for himself and punch Riddle in the cheek.

Cater and Trey ran to Riddle. "Riddle?!"

"Rosehearts?!" Even Crowley was stunned. The crowd was no better.

"My god... He...he actually punched the Prefect?!"

"Wooh! That was a pretty clean right hook!" Grim had a different approach.

"Yes, it was. Though you should've aimed right at his nose and punch hard enough to knock him out." You commented also catching Trey and Riddle off guard.

Of course, you were going to be mad at what Riddle had said. Your life was a sensitive topic, very much sensitive, that you'd start to actually hurt anyone who disrupts it. Friend or not.

'A-Ace?!" Deuce stuttered, shocked that his friend would do that.

"Ah~ I'm tired." Ace huffed. "I don't care about you or this duel anymore," he directed to Riddle who looked mildly attacked, figuratively and literally,

"You...punched me...?"

"Kids aren't their parents' trophies. Your parents aren't the ones who get to decide what you're worth. I finally understand that you being a trashy person isn't your mom or dad's fault at all! You've been in this school for a year. And the one to blame is the bastard you call a friend who did nothing but turn a blind eye to your selfishness!" Ace had made a very good point, but was it enough to snap Riddle?

"What are you saying...?"

"And I understand that your mom raised you the way she did, but is "Mama this, Mama that" all you can say?! You're not capable of thinking for yourself!? To hell with that "Red Ruler" bullshit! You're just a baby who happens to be gifted with magic!"

Riddle was offended and angered. "Baby, you say...? Me?!"

"You know nothing and yet...You don't know anything about me and yet...!" He directed his stare at you, he looked like he was begging you to come to him and comfort him, or even back him up. He was getting restless, this was another tantrum that you were familiar with.

But this time, you weren't going to comfort him. He made a mistake and he needed to know this. He needs to snap out of this. So I leave this to you...Ace, Deuce.

You took a step back. You didn't notice how Riddle's eyes teared up and how his body slumped, his heart cracking a little.

"Yeah, I don't. So what if I don't know a damn thing!" Ace put his hand on his hips. "Do you think I'd know anything with that attitude of yours? Don't be stu~pid!" it was like he was speaking to a child.

And that was Riddle's last straw.

"Shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP! QUIET!" He stood up and pointed a finger at himself. "Mother is right! That's why I am also right!"

"Riddle calm down! The duel is already over!" Trey tried to stop him. The Headmaster, too. "Clover is right. Any attacks done outside of the duel will nullify your victory! If you continue to do any more than this, you'll be the one breaking the rules, Rosehearts!"

Someone threw an egg.

"?!" at Riddle.

"What was that...? An egg...? Did someone throw that?" Trey was mad at someone who threw that to Riddle.