chapter five

Evie got changed into a gray jumpsuit before her, Dean, and Sam were led to three different cells. They're ushered into the cells and the door shuts behind her.

Evie looks around the small cement room, seeing the mirror next to the silver toilet and the twin bed on the opposite wall. Evie sighs, sitting on the bed. She rests against the wall, bringing her knees up to her chest.

Soon, an older man walks in.

"Hi, Evie. How you doing? Can I get you water? Or you hungry? You've had a day. Wanna tell me about it?" He asks, leaning against the opposite wall. Evie keeps the bored expression on her face like her dad and uncle taught her to do. "Like, for example, why you went after the leader of the free world? Well, let me guess. You don't like cops. Hell, I get it. We can be real jackasses. But you're gonna talk to me, kid."

"You just are. Now that's not a threat. I don't believe in torture. Doesn't work. Oh, I've seen folks waterboarded, cut on. And they talk. Ooh, they do. But they never tell you what you need. You know what does work, though? Every time? Nothing."

Evie feels a surge of anxiety go through her, it showing in her eyes, making her look down so he can't see it.

"See, when I leave, that door closes, and it stays closed, and you stay in the dark. Now, maybe that doesn't sound so bad." Camp leans down in front of Evie. "But after a month? A year? You spend enough time staring at these walls, just you and all that nothing, you'll get so crazy to talk, to see someone real, you'll tell me exactly what I need. You'll tell me with a smile. It'll just take some time."

"Of course, the thing is, after what you did, no one's in a hurry to get you that phone call. Even if you are a kid. So you and me, we got all the time in the world."

The man leaves and her cell door slams shut making her flinch. She lets go of a breath she didn't realize she was holding.

+++

Evie doesn't know how much time has passed. She is going insane, but she knows she can't crack. She spends her time sleeping, doing random hairstyles, making up random stories in her head, and folding the blankets in different ways. She's exercised a couple of times, but she hates exercising so she stopped.

She did get her first period, however. That wasn't fun.

Evie is laying on the bed, bored out of her mind when she looks up, jumping when she sees Billie. The reaper explains what she talked about with Sam and Dean and after some convincing that she wasn't lying, Evie hesitantly agreed to the plan.

She cuts her palm open with the screw.

+++

Evie loudly gasps before coughing violently as she rolls to her side. She takes in deep breaths while sitting up. She feels a hand on her arm and looks over, seeing Sam, a comforting and protective look in his eyes.

Evie regains her breath more before reaching out and tightly hugging him. Sam hugs her back, resting his chin on her shoulder and kissing the side of her head.