chapter thirty-seven

Dean and Evie are sitting across from each other in the library and Dean is struggling at Mousetrap.

"Come on." Dean mutters. Evie contains her laugh from seeing him fail. "Son of a bitch!" He yells making Evie jump.

"Dude, chill out." Evie says.

"I swear, you were cheating when you did this earlier." Dean says, glaring at his niece.

"I was not cheating. I'm just better and you're a sore loser." Evie says, receiving the same glare.

"I am not a sore loser." Dean argues.

"And I didn't cheat." Evie counters.

Before they can continue accusing each other, Jack and Mary walk in.

"Okay, Winchester game night is a go. Soon as Sammy gets back here with the two double pepperoni blasters, the cheese pizza, and a pineapple." Dean says, looking at Jack weirdly for the pineapple pizza as the blonde sits next to Evie.

"I like it." Jack says.

"Yeah, it's like a crime against humanity." Dean mutters.

"Agreed." Evie points to her uncle.

"You missed a call." Mary says, handing Dean his phone.

"Oh." Dean takes his phone, listening to the voicemail. He gets up.

"What's wrong?" Mary asks. Dean finishes the voicemail before putting it on speaker so they can hear it.

"Help me, please! Dean. It's me. It's Donatello." Donatello's message says.

"Donatello?" Jack asks.

"I need help. You and Sam and Evie. Help me, please!" He starts saying something in a different language. Dean stops the message and calls Sam, getting voicemail.

"Sam's not answering his phone. This whole damn town's a dead zone. All right. We got to go." Dean says.

"What do I do?" Jack asks.

"Stay here. When Sam gets back, play him that voicemail and have him call me on my spare. Got it?" Dean says.

"Got it." Jack nods.

"So much for game night." Dean says, Mary and Evie following him.

+++

The three Winchesters get to Donatello's house and rush inside.

"Donatello?!" Dean calls out.

"Oh, please! Dean! Please!" They hear Donatello exclaim and rush to where it's coming from as he Donatello continues to yell out. They make it the dining room where there's a phone on the table, playing a recording of Donatello calling out for help.

The three raise their guns when they hear feet, seeing Nick walk in.

"Oh, good. You made it." Nick smiles.