chapter fifty

Evie wakes up and finds herself restrained to a chair with zip ties. She looks up, seeing Sam and Eileen in the same predicament and sitting across from each other while Evie sits by them.

Sam wakes up and panics as he realizes he's restrained and looks around.

"Hi, Sam." Chuck greets.

"I'm sorry." Eileen tells the Winchester.

"It's not your fault, Eileen. Is it?" Sam asks Chuck.

"What are you doing to me?" Eileen asks.

"Same thing I've been doing for weeks. Helping, helping you to the bunker, to Sam... to romance. It was easy, really, just a nudge here, a conveniently placed spell there." Chuck says.

"Wait. That was you?" Sam asks.

"Uh, it wasn't all me, Sam. I just gave you half the spell. You did the rest all on your own... which I knew you would... because you're such a good guy." Chuck says.

"Why?" Sam asks.

"I couldn't see you. I needed eyes and ears on the inside. Well, eyes, anyway." Chuck says.

"That's a bitch thing to say." Evie says.

"Screw you." Eileen tells him.

"Yeah. You know, I hate missing my favorite show." Chuck says.

"So I was right. You're weak." Sam says.

"Well, I wouldn't say weak, exactly. I mean, I pinata'd Hell. But, yeah, you figured it out. We're connected by these wounds. Which annoying, right?" He chuckles. "And as long as we are, I'm stuck in this world. But you know what they say... all good things must come to an end."

Chuck holds up a scalpel and examines it.

"What are you doing?" Sam asks.

"Our wounds aren't healing properly. Because of you. It's as if there's something festering inside of you, something that won't let go." Chuck says. He unbuttons Sam's plaid shirt and pulls both that and the T-shirt down to reveal the wound on his shoulder. "Now, I can't see it. I can't snap it away. But I know it's there."

"So, what, are you just gonna cut it out?" Sam asks.

"Hey, good idea." CHuck says. "You're so helpful, Sam. Now sit still. I don't really know what I'm looking for here, so this might get messy." He says. As he's about to start cutting into Sam's wound, he stops.

"I think we have an audience." Chuck says, turning to Eileen. "Come on, Eileen." He walks over to her and takes her phone out of her pocket, listening to Dean call Eileen's name on the other end of the line. "Hi, Dean."

"Bye, Dean." Chuck throws the phone, smashing it against the wall. Chuck turns back to Sam. "now, where were we? Right."

Chuck goes to cut into Sam's wound again, but hesitates.

"What's the matter, Chuck?" Sam asks.

"Nothing, I'm just... I'm thinking." Chuck says.