chapter thirty-three

Sam and Evie get to Donna's cabin and it's nighttime. Dean went to visit Mary and Sam's worried about him so he decided to go, Evie tagging along.

They're walking up when Dean turns around, aiming his gun at them.

"Dean! Whoa, easy!" Sam exclaims, holding his hands up, stepping in front of Evie. "Dean, what's going on here?"

"It's mom. She's gone." Dean states.

~ ~ ~

They're now in Donna's cabin with Donna.

"Put my guys on it, they're running 'em. I'm sorry." Donna tells them.

"It's not your fault, Donna." Dean says.

"It's mine. Nick said when he left he was just gonna go home. I-I didn't know he was..." Sam trails off.

"Killing people?" Dean asks.

"Okay, chill." Evie tells her uncle.

"Sheriff?" A voice comes over Donna's radio.

"Yeah. Go for Hanscum." Donna says.

"We got that van you were looking for. A traffic cam just caught it pulling into a storage facility outside Grand Rapids." The office says.

"Copy that. I got it from here." Donna tells him.

"How far is Grand Rapids?" Dean asks.

"30, 40 minutes." Donna says.

"We'll be there in 20." Dean states.

"Cool, I'm gonna ride with Donna, so you two can fight." Evie states, giving a thumbs up.

+++

Donna is driving and Evie is looking out the window.

"How ya doin', sweetie?" Donna asks, getting Evie's attention. "You holding up alright?"

"Yeah. Yeah, just fine. Uncle's depressed, dad's trying to get him to not be depressed, but is also kind of depressed... have an archangel probably giving Uncle Dean a 24/7 migraine. I'm overcome with intense worry and fear of Dean going all self destruct mode and that he'll find a plan that ends with him dying since that's what he tends to do every single time."

"And that'll just crush all of us and dad will try to talk him out of it, but Uncle Dean will be adamant about it and they'll just end up fighting and getting angry at each other and then it's all awkward since they won't agree on anything and it'll be either yelling matches or snide remarks. And then Cas will give snide remarks and Dean's just gonna be angry at everybody until we agree to let him die."

"And sure, dad could talk him out of it, which usually could work, but sometimes I don't think it does, and I mean, you know maybe Dean's changed. Maybe he isn't making some elaborate plan to die in order to get rid of Michael, I don't know. Why would I know? He doesn't tell anybody anything. I mean, he just ran off to your cabin to be with grandma and wanted a mother-son weekend or whatever, and he hugged dad which I agree is weird cause they only hug when one of them is about to die or one of them got back from being dead."