chapter nine

The four are in the room where the circuit control panel is. Toni is standing on the stairs while Evie sits on them and the brothers are trying to figure stuff out.

"All right. The garage?" Dean asks.

"Doors are warded and the walls are reinforced steel." Toni informs.

"Okay. Um, you know, maybe we could get out through the air vents." Sam says.

"You wouldn't get far." Toni scoffs. "There are choke points in the duct system not even I or the girl could squeeze through."

"I say we kill her. I mean, you heard Ketch. Said we had about three days of air left. So if we ice her, maybe that buys us an extra day." Dean says.

"I assure you, Dean, I'm an extraordinarily shallow breather." Toni says.

"Yeah, right." Toni scoffs.

"If we ever get out of here, I am the one who programmed your mother, which means that I am the only one who can undo it." Toni states. "And since I assume you want mummy back, you need me."

"You believe her?" Dean asks his brother.

"I don't know. Look, if she's lying, sure, we take her out. But mom is still out there, brainwashed. If she's telling the truth, then we do need her." Sam says.

"All right, you're so smart, how do we get out of here?" Dean asks.

"The only way out is to pull the manual override." Toni says.

"Is that a thing?" Sam asks.

"Oh, it is. But it's outside the bunker, where we can't reach it." Toni states.

"Well, that's stupid." Evie mutters.

"Awesome." Dean sarcastically says.

"Wait a second, guys. We're in a giant vault loaded down with-with occult books and lore. There's gotta be something somewhere in here. An item or a spell -- some hoodoo that can reverse the lockdown."

+++

They're all in the library and are reading lore books with the help of lanterns to light up the area a bit.

"I think I got something. "When the Romani people were forced to assimilate in Europe, the, uh, the Roman used a spell, the Abrogation ritual, as an act of rebellion against their persecutors. The Devla turns back complex mechanical processes, resets equipment, machinery."" Sam reads.

"What's it take?" Dean asks.

"Seems like pretty basic ingredients. Nothing we don't already have. Oh." He mumbles.

"What?" Toni asks.

"The mechanisms "must be anointed with the blood of virgins."" Sam says.

Dean looks at Toni.

"Not even close." Toni states.