chapter fifty-eight

They get to the map room, Sam supporting Jack as they rush to the table, Evie, Dean, and Cas following close behind them.

"I got you. Let's get you a seat." Sam says, pulling a chair out and making Jack sit down.

"Jack, deep breaths. Just try to focus. Try to slow this down if you can." Cas says.

"What do we do? What do we do?!" Dean asks.

"I don't know." Sam says.

"You have to let me go. Just... just get me outside. I'll try to get as far away as I can." Jack says.

"No, Jack." Cas objects.

"No! Leave me. I can't stop this. I'm coming apart. I don't want to hurt you. Don't let me hurt you." Jack says.

"Hey, hey, hey, we're not giving up on you, okay?" Dean says, turning to Sam. "Uh... magic. Magic. One of Rowena's spells. Come on, we've got to do something!" He shouts making Evie flinch.

"I think you've done enough." They turn to find Billie. "We were so close."

"Chuck saw it coming. All of it. Your whole plan." Dean says.

"It was doomed." Sam says.

"Because of you. It was doomed because of you." Billie states.

"You led Jack through his trials. You know what's happening to him. You can stop this. Please." Cas says.

"I can't stop it." Billie states. She waves her hand and Jack's chair spins to face her. "But there is something I can do." She lifts Jack's chin and he suddenly vanishes.

"What'd you do? What'd you do?!" Dean asks. "Billie, where the hell is he?!"

"The Empty." Billie states.

"What?" Cas asks.

"Jack was a bomb designed to annihilate cosmic forces. Chuck and Amara are gone. The Empty was the only player on the board who could possibly absorb that impact." Billie says.

"So it's done." Cas says.

"It's done." Billie states.

"Is he dead?" Cas asks.

"Maybe." Billie answers.

"You said this was a suicide mission." Dean says.

"No, I said taking out Chuck and Amara would be fatal." Billie corrects.

"It's a chain reaction." Cas realizes.

"Mm-hmm. The Empty? It's different. Not as strong as Chuck or Amara, but... vast." Billie says. But if Jack survives, and if The Empty survives? It's gonna be pissed."

"Okay, so The Empty is pissed. What does that mean?" Sam asks.

"The Empty is strong. It's got beef with me, especially after what I just did." Billie says.

"Oh, well, poor you." Dean sarcastically empathisizes.

"Good thing it can't reach me here." Billie says.