chapter thirty

The three Winchesters wait in the bunker as Cas is in Jack's room, seeing if he can heal him.

"What's taking so long?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. Whatever's going on with Jack is probably complicated." Sam says.

"Yeah, but, I mean, weird stuff happens to kids all the time. They get coughs, bloody noses." Dean says.

"Well, he's not a normal kid." Evie states as Cas walks out.

"Is he okay?" Dean asks.

"I--I did what I could, but I don't, I-I don't know what's wrong with him." Cas states.

"But you can figure it out, right?" Dean asks. They hear a crash from Jack's room making them run to find Jack on the floor, having a seizure.

"Jack? Jack? Hey. Jack!" Sam calls, kneeling next to him.

+++

They get to the emergency room, Cas holding Jack up on his feet.

"I need a doctor! Hey. Look, could you just get him inside?" Dean asks the nurse behind the receptionist desk.

"Sir, I just need some basic information. That's the procedure. I do the work up, then I take him back." The nurse states.

"OKay, the basic information is he's sick." Dean says.

"Do you see anyone here who isn't? His full name, please." The nurse orders. "You do know his name, right?"

"Jack." Dean says.

"Kline." Evie states. "Jack Kline."

"Date of birth?" The nurse asks.

"Come on, is that important?" Dean asks.

"What did you say your relationship is to the patient?" The nurse asks.

"May 18th. May 18th. Date of birth -- May 18th." Sam states.

"2000 -- '99. 2000." Dean decides. Evie gives him a look which he shrugs at.

"Uh-huh. Family medical history? Let's start with the father." The nurse says.

"He's dead." Dean informs.

"Cause of death?"

The three Winchesters share an awkward look.

"He was stabbed through the heart, and he exploded." Cas states.

"Okay, you know what? We don't have time for this. All right, he's sick. His name is Jack Kline. His father exploded. There, you've got all the basics. Now what does he need to do to see a doctor?" Dean asks.

Jack falls away from Cas, onto the floor.

"Jack!" Cas yells, the four crouching next to him.