~17~ A Loose Tongue

Ruy held the paper in the light, trying to figure out how Trix wrote the dots above his i's so he could replicate them perfectly. Nour was the best forger, but Ruy used to forge Gisela's signature on trade documents so the recruits could get booze and actually good food. And then Ruy could steal it for himself.

Trix, the stupid prick, had a very specific handwriting style that Ruy simply couldn't replicate. Ruy would have to find another way to complete his plan. Ruy stood, stretching his arms above his head as he yawned. Dom and Hathem were off somewhere probably sucking face. They would have privacy since most of the Castello was still in Cariana finishing training.

Ruy decided he wanted to take another round around the castle, trying to memorize every secret he could see. from the few people still in the Castello, it sounds like Vespera has returned from a trip today. Ruy was still yet to see her, however. It was unlike her. But it didn't feel like she was avoiding him. It's like he simply wasn't on her list of  But she needed him for something; he wouldn't be here just because she missed him. Ruy didn't exactly want to go seeking her out either. So doing his own thing and playing it by ear seemed like the best option.

Once he took his second round through the lower levels, he worked up to the massive courtyard. This is where Mansi, Nour, and Sophie riled up the crowds enough to escape when they were children from what he knows.

"Shh, he'll hear you!" A familiar voice hushed from the corner of the courtyard. Ruy stiffened, carefully pulling aside the shrubbery and staring at Seamus huddled near the ground. His uniform was crisply ironed but covered with dirt from squatting behind the bushes. His curly blond hair didn't match the cleanliness of his uniform and porcelain skin.

"Uh, what are you-" Ruy froze at the sight of two paws sticking out from underneath Seamus's jacket. Two paws that looked very familiar.

"What is that?" Ruy pointed to the paws.

Seamus's eyes tremored as he pursed his lips, "It's- uh, those are-" A meow cut him off.

Ruy straightened, "Open your jacket, Seamus."

"Well, take me to dinner first." Seamus awkwardly laughed, his voice squeaky.

"Seamus, open the jacket."

"No! They'll hurt her!"

"Seamus!" Seamus cringed when Ruy raised his voice, and he immediately felt awful. But Seamus silently opened the zipper of his jacket. And a kitten peaked out, big hazel eyes staring at him.

It was a mix of browns, cremes, and pure white. Its ears, paws, and tail were big for its size, but it was still pretty young. Ruy stared at Seamus in disbelief.

"I found her when I was scouting near Renusancha

"I found her when I was scouting near Renusancha. I asked the locals about her, I had trouble understanding them because of their accents. But it seems like having big fluffy cats was a trend for a while among those nobles in Ranisancha, or however you say it. She was abandoned after her owners got over the trend."