~3~The Old Republic and Saying Goodbye

Sophie held Lilac's cheeks in her hands, holding her sister securely as Lilac screeched in excitement. The three of them spoke in Inalian, all of them trying to calm the other down.

"Lilac, Lilac, look at me," Sophie turned Lilac's gaze to her own, holding Lilac's cheeks so tight that she looked like a fish.

"You say nothing-"

"I FRIECKIN MKNEW IT." Lilac cried even in Sophie's hands, her words distorted.

"Not a word!" Sophie shook her sister. Lilac's ombre eyes darted between Ruy and Sophie.

"Mknow I kno why you were so desperwate-" Sophie let go of her sister's cheeks and sighed, placing her hands on her hips. Ruy peeked out from behind Sophie, a dorky smile on his face.

"RUY!" Lilac exclaimed. Ruy welcomed Lilac with open arms, picking up the little girl and twirling her around.

"Long time, no see!" Ruy laughed as they hugged. Lilac's face grew suddenly stern, and she looked at both of them with her lip puckered out.

"So, how long has this been going on?" Lilac asked as Ruy put her down. Ruy and Sophie nervously met eyes.

"About a week, maybe a little longer?" Sophie mumbled. Lilac snickered and looked at Sophie teasingly.

"Maria is going to kill you for keeping it secret from her for so long." Lilac teased. Sophie held her young sister by her head of braided blond hair and turned Lilac's head to make the young girl stare at Sophie in the eyes.

"There are many reasons we are keeping this quiet, Lilac, and you need to promise me that you don't say a word."

"Why?"

"Well, we have a lot of enemies. And if they learn that we have, uhm, something going on-"

"That one thing to call it-" Ruy muttered before Sophie jammed her elbow into his ribs.

"It might not only put us in even more danger, but our family members. We are just trying to keep it on the down-low until things cool down a little bit." Sophie reasoned. Lilac huffed but nodded.

"Okay, if you say so. But, Biana and Keefe made contact with the guild through their imparters, somehow. They say you should come to talk to them."

Sophie bit her lip and looked at Ruy, who wrapped up his training supplies, a loose white shirt over his chest, preparing to join the conversation.

"I need a moment." Sophie decided. Both Ruy and Lilac went quiet, and Ruy was about to protest, but Sophie gave him a look.

"The King gave me an offer." Sophie sighed. Both Lilac and Ruy listened intently as Sophie explained her interaction with the king, Ruy grumbling when Sophie mentioned the King threatening her. When Sophie finished, Ruy was silent in thought, and poor Lilac tried to keep up but seemed entirely confused by the older concepts.

"Do it," Ruy said suddenly. Sophie looked at Ruy with a cocked eyebrow, her mouth slightly agape.

"But Ruy, the war front-"

"I'll ask Zuberi to speed up my training. I can return to the Guildhall and help Alexios and our troops." Ruy convinced. Sophie bit her lip and turned to her younger sister, tucking aside her sister's identical honey-blond hair.

"Lilac, can you go back to the guest chambers? Tell Biana and Keefe I'm sending Ruy instead."

"What?!" Ruy hissed.

"I need to finish my council with the king."

"I don't know if you remember Blondie, but your friends don't really like me that much-"