~26~ Not the Smoothest Exit

My pants just ripped in the middle of the school day. I'm not having a good time. Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

Super unedited.

~

While they were flying through the sky, Sophie was doing soul practices her father thought her years ago in order to make her pancras form more reliable. Her hair had gone white, and eyes gold, but her teeth had not extended not her nails. Kynareth was still fighting her on this. Sophie leaned forward on Ricin, clenching the reins as he dove through the thick blanket of white. The world was quiet as the Mentore dove with her companion, not even the birds flying among them chirped or cawed. She stared up at the sky, as if she could see Kynareth glaring down upon her as she did her bidding.

(By Shar-i on Tumblr)

The night blended the two killers perfectly as they landed in a small clearing of the forest. The final thing on her list was the most daunting. She didn't even know if the king knew where Egil's daughter was hiding in his kingdom, but he needed to know why his son was in the Neverseen. And the threat that was hiding among his people. Parlaying was important for guild and country leaders to know, and Sophie knew it pretty well- if threatening and bullshitting counted as pretty well.

If she walked away with Egil's daughter without making an enemy of the Dunmer kingdom, they would be one massive step closer to killing Mephala.

Sophie slid off her saddle, pulling her hood up. With a small hand signal, she and Ricin were crouching the brush, running through the twigs and crunching leaves. The stress of the situation was like twine wrapped around her neck, pulling tighter and tighter with each step Sophie took. She took a left while the dragon slithered to the right. Soon, the thick brush and canopies of the forest cleared, revealing the small pasture where weak land awaited. You never would've guessed the ground beneath you could open and reveal a sprawling kingdom built into the caverns beneath. Sophie knew that the Dunmer kingdom was beneath her, but she still didn't fully know how to open the ground to get in. According to Ruy, Leto managed it. But how?

She didn't worry, as it crumbled open before she needed to barge her way through. Two figures shot out, landing in the overgrown grass.

They were cloaked heavily, but she recognized the power radiating off of the smaller one. It still didn't fully click who was standing in front of her until she heard their whispers.

"We need to get you out of the kingdom. Now." The larger cloaked woman breathed, stretching her wings as she pulled out her map.

"I'm the key to getting the prince back." The smaller one gently reminded.

There she was. Egil's daughter. Their key to stopping Mephala. 

"And the King cannot know that." The second replied, "We get you out of the kingdom, ergo, we don't have you and can't trade for you. The Neverseen will give us back the Prince since we don't have you-"