~30~ Kynareth's Wrath

I was explaining some AAD lore to my bestie, and when I got to Allesandro, he just said, "Death to the Dilf."

He also called Mansi and Alvar, "Girlboss and her Manwife."

I mean... he isn't wrong...

Anyway, enjoy. This chapter was a BITCH to write.

Unedited.

~

"So do you have names picked out?!" Della asked, her hands on Mansi's baby bump.

"We don't know the gender, and we both agreed on something gender nuetral. I'm picking out Wampanoag names while he picks out Elven names."

"You should name the girl Alden Jr." Alden joked from the kitchen.

"Good luck getting that past Alvar. Right Ruy?" Mansi looked over her shoulder, smiling at what they assumed was an inside joke.

But Ruy wasn't there.

"Ruy?" Mansi straightened, quickly getting to her feet, "Where is he?"

Alden peeked out from the kitchen, shrugging.

"I thought he was with you!"

Mansi checked the bathrooms and bedrooms, balancing a hand on her baby bump as she entered Sofia and the triplets' room. Sofia was bouncing from bed to bed, Lex and Rex darting after her. Bex, who had found Sophie's iPod she brought, watched an old video of Sophie practicing ballet with her human sister.

"Whatcha looking at, Bex?" Mansi asked, leaning down to watch the tiny screen.

"This is what dancing is like?"

"Uh, yes? There are many different types of dancing. Amalia does contempory and ballet. At least she did."

"The elves just kinda shimmy to a bunch of awkward compositions." Bex's eyes were shining, "This is beautiful. Both humans and Vatarians practice this?"

"I think the gnomes do ballet as well."

"Do you think Sophie will teach me?"

"It's been a few years, and she doesn't like dancing anymore. It's... hard for her to dance these days. But you should ask her. The worst she can say is no." Mansi blinked, "I'm sorry, I completely forgot why I came in here. Have you seen Ruy?"

"He said he is gonna go take a nap in his room up in the attic."

Mansi patted Bex's head before trekking towards Ruy's room, knocking on the creaky door.

"Ruy? I know you are moping because Sophie didn't allow you to go on the mission. But you should come down! We're about to play scrabble downstairs- wow, I haven't even given birth yet and I sound like a mom. Since when do I play scrabble?"

Mansi crossed her arms when Ruy didn't respond.

"Ruy, I know you're awake. You snore like a pig whenever you nap in the middle of the day."

Silence.

Mansi opened the door just a smidge, peeking in.

Ruy's window was open, the wind blowing the curtains into the room. Gasping, Mansi ran to the windowsill, banging her fists against it. Ruy was nowhere in sight.

"Ruy, you absolute moron!"