~32~ If Not Blur, then Who?

Today is my birthday, so to celebrate, it gets a lil' hawt in this chapter, ya'll. Just letting you know ;)

~

Sophie snorted awake, wiping drool from her cheek and noticing she wasn't in her bed back at the Villa

Sophie snorted awake, wiping drool from her cheek and noticing she wasn't in her bed back at the Villa. A familiar fuzzy blanket and fluffy pillows belonged to her childhood bedroom of Havenfield. Sophie never thought she would be here again.

Nothing was different from when she last left it years ago, except for one thing. Ruy was passed out next to her, his arms wrapped around her waist and his face nuzzled into the crook of her neck. His wings were splayed out over the bed, his left wind draping off the edge of her bed while the other covered the both of them like a blanket.

He joined her in bed late last night, praying to the gods that no one heard him creaking through the hallways. He is pretty sure Sandor and Grizel knew he snuck into her room, but neither of them stopped him. Sophie and Ruy were too tired to do anything but fall asleep in each other's arms.

They returned to Havenfield late last night, Elwin already waiting there to heal Maria and Fitz. Maria insisted that they all went to bed, she would be okay. But Alexios refused to go to bed, wanting to stay by his mother's side. After a lot of convincing, Sophie eventually retired to bed herself.

Ruy shuffled beside her, loosening his grip as he woke.

"Morning." Sophie mumbled.

Ruy just groaned, snuggling further against her neck to block the sun from her windows.

"Can't you close those things? The elves have a solution to every problem no one had." Ruy moped, lazily pointing to the windows.

Sophie, who wanted to defend the elves, tirelessly clapped and watched the windows shade themselves, proving her snarky boyfriend correct.

Ruy smiled, kissing her cheek thank you.

They remained wrapped up with one another for a while, Ruy placing quick pecks behind her ears and her jaw, pestering her with love. You never would've guessed Ruy was this affectionate. He definitely was the more lovey-dovey out of the two of them. But Sophie can't quite say she didn't enjoy it. But it ended far too soon.

Ruy left her room first, followed by Sophie to avoid suspicion. Everyone was happily chattering downstairs, Fitz and Maria both in better condition. Sophie sat in front of Maria, staring at her eyes for a long moment.

"Didn't I raise you children better than to stare, my dear?" Maria smiled. Sophie sighed, leaning forward to her aunt, "Auntie... brown eyes? Pater and I's brown eyes were a genetic mishap. At least, that's what we thought..."

Maria nodded, "I thought so too."

Sophie shuffled closer, holding her hand, "Are you... okay? I know torture is hard to recover from."