~23~ The Forgotten Assassin

Oh boy ya'll are gonna kill me after this chapter, lol.

BTW- The interview is complete! Just a reminder, it is on @bubblekissed AAD fan book! Go read it for some juicy deets :) Please check it out, bubble kissed worked very hard on it and their effort should be read! If you can't see it now, wait a little while. They may have not updated it quite yet. But by 24 after posting this, the interview should be posted.

Now, on with the chapter!

Super unedited.

~

Fitz ran down the black stairs, cursing words he knew his little sister shouldn't be hearing.

"Fitz, what happened?!" Sofia asked.

"Keep your head down. Down and don't look up." Sofia, taking after her namesake, didn't listen. It was a dark room full of twisting paths. There were left, rights, ups, downs. He pulled his imparter out, dialing anyone in his contacts. But the service went dead no matter who he called.

"You know you want to, Fitzroy! All you have to do is agree!" The voice called from one of the alleys beside them, sending Fitz down another turn away from the sound. He had no idea where he was going; Sofia knew that much. He just knew to get away.

Sofia thought he would agree with their proposition. I mean, it seemed like all he wanted. But he simply turned heel and ran as soon as he truly heard the offer through.

"There has to be an exit. A door. Anything!" Fitz panted, his arms sore and shaking from holding his sister while still running at top speeds.

"Fitz, I'm scared-"

"Don't be. We'll get out of this soon. At any second. I just need to- shit!" Fitz stumbled as a black hooded woman slid in front of them, holding a large bo staff.

"I'm not helping you! The Morrettis put their trust in me and I'm not going to break it!" Fitz spat at her. She groaned, twirling the bo staff between her fingers.

"I think we are done asking at this point, boy." Fitz dropped Sofia, pushing her behind him as the woman took another step. Then another. Fitz's melder was snapped in half the minute he pulled it out of his waistband, rendering it useless. Sofia whimpered as another black hood, this time a man, slid behind them.

"Back off. I'm warning you-"

"Aw, what will the little Vacker do? Tell on me to the Council?" The woman laughed. The dizzying turns and twists made the Vacker siblings more than lost. The hopelessness at their situation truly made Fitz consider the offer. Fitz held his sister tight, trying to contact anyone with his telepathy. But everything dropped to a dead end.

"I-I can't." Fitz begged.

"We should really rephrase. We weren't asking." The man scoffed behind them. Fitz squared his shoulders. He could do this; he knew how to fight. Not as well as the Assassins, maybe, but there were only two of them. He just had to get Sofia out of the way-

"Duck!" Sofia screamed, yanking her brother to the floor by his cape. Fitz's head smacked the cold black stone as blasts of ice shot above him and Sofia.

The woman's scream echoed throughout the black maze, the man spinning on his heel and cursing at the assailant.

"Leave them alone!" Fitz knew that voice. He pushed himself up, groggy and his head pounding something awful.

Squall leashed another blast of pure ice into the woman's chest, sliding to the side as Granite launched two goblin throwing stars towards the man.

"Up, Sofia, get up! Run!" Fitz got onto his feet, yanking his sister by her wrist as they sped into another one of the maze's walkways. Sofia was crying at this point but kept up with her brother as they listened to Granite and Squall defend their escape. But they still had no idea where they were. How the hell did the Black Swan Collective figure out what happened to him?