~40~ Delusions

Lol, I got ya'll with that last chapter, huh? Nah, the finale is going to be multiple chapters long.
And MUCH worse.
BTW I made a TikTok. It's on my Linktree and my user is _sibyllinewriter_
Unedited
~
The first thing Mentore Amalia Hera Morretti woke to was light. It felt like rays of dark and bright light were sweeping and dancing behind her eyelids. They blinded her and inspired her. But they never made her want to open her eyes.
Her senses slowly came to as well. She felt the swaying boat she was on, the smell of salt and blood. Then she felt someone rubbing their thumb over her knuckles, her hand intertwined with someone else's.
The light behind her eyelids began to trickle away, and she forced her eye open. The other one wouldn't open no matter how much she tried.
Ruy was the closest to her, holding Lilac in his lap as he quietly read a story, resting on the corner of her bed. Ruy's cheeks shone with tears that he tried to wipe away, trying to hold himself together. Lilac... Why was Lilac here? She must have snuck on one of the ships. The damn kid. She tried to stay focused on the story, but she would give her elder sister a quick glance before returning to Ruy.

Behind him was a woman who wore dark blue and white robes. Her hands fluttered about a bright green potion filled with foul-smelling herbs. She had to be from the Dunmer. But where were her wings? Is she one of the healers Ruy mentioned belonged to the Dunmer people? Sophie couldn't get a good look at her face.

Alexios held his sister's hand, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles as if it would wash away Elrond's blood that was caked on her fists. Alexios faced the floor, his lips moving soundlessly.
He was muttering prayers to the gods.

The Dunmer healer strode over with her potion. "Don't spit these out like last time." Last time? The last time Sophie was awake was on the battlefield with Elrond and Eira.
The thick sludge dribbled down the back of her throat, but the healer forced her mouth closed and tilted her head back, forcing it down her gullet.
Sleep swept over the mentore once more.

"Come get lunch!" Allesandro called out the kitchen window

"Come get lunch!" Allesandro called out the kitchen window. Sophie sprung up from her place in the tall grass, calling back to her father in response.
"What is for lunch?!"
"Doesn't matter, you are eating it! I won't have any of your picky eater nonsense here!" Allesandro replied. Sophie grumbled, hiking up her skirts and sliding her book into her red apron.

Sophie whistled, and Ricin came galloping after her, racing her to the villa. Sophie giggled and picked up the pace racing the dragon. The sped made her hair blow around her in a mess, her skirts flapping behind her. The tall grass swayed with the wind as if playing with the distant sound of the practicing orchestra.

"Are we going to the festival tonight, pater?" Sophie asked, sliding into her home after Ricin, who cooed in victory.

Allesandro glanced over his shoulder, "I don't know, did you practice your blocking like I asked you to?"

Red dusted over Sophie's cheeks, "I did..."

Allesandro raised a brow as he dried off his hands with a towel, "For how long?"