~12~Beyond Just You and Me

Sophie didn't hear anyone gush over her power; she didn't hear their cowering and fear.

She was in a killing calm.

She was well aware she was the only one who could see through the inky night. And it wasn't precisely sight she had through the night.

She was there as the night unraveled across their enemies.

She was the night and storms that confused and slaughtered their enemies.

She didn't need to see it; she was it.

Sophie's night and storms rammed into the Neverseen from all sides. Their enemies didn't scream; Sophie didn't let them. Her night was like a sharp blade, a cold vacuum plunging into their hearts, heads, and guts, killing them instantly.

Sophie was an Assassin; she was a quick, efficient killer.

She was never one to savor the crying moans of her enemies, no matter who they were, she always killed them quickly and quietly.

Her night filled her enemies' lungs, her storms clapped and thundered against their chests.

Her lightning-filled clouds shrouded around the confused Mirthless, squeezing around them and her lightning searing them. Her lightning was more powerful then it was before, it pulsed and crackled with more strength than ever.

Icy storms froze them in their spots, her lightning running through their hearts.

But, gods above, this was tiring her out already.

Her hands shook in her clawed armored fingertips, and she guttered a gasp as she held her power steady.

She heard the shadows whispering to her as Neverseen soldiers dropped, and Mirthless slaughtered.

"Keep going..." night called to her. Sophie shook as the night and storms started to overtake her.

"Don't stop..." Storm cackled at her. She felt the night and storm start to go beyond her control, and Sophie guttered again.

"Lia!" She heard Lilac cry. Sophie looked up into the pyramid and saw her sister desperately holding onto the empty panes of the pyramid. She finally noticed that it was too strong.

Kynareth gave her too much.

Sophie tried to rein it back, try to call back the raging storms.

"Come back," Sophie grunted through her gritting teeth. The night and storm cave her a hissing cackle as if dealing with a petty child.

"You can barely control our brothers of shadows and lightning, what makes you think you can control us?" Storm and Night cackled at her.

"I'm your stupid heiress; you bow to me, you bow to Kynareth."

"You can't even stand our Matron, why should we-"

"If you do not stop, you will hurt my men!"

"It happens in war, you would know Mentore, about the consequences of war?"

"I refuse to kill my own men! I'm trying to stop as many casualties as possible-"

"You can't see them, can you? The dead bodies of your Assassins are scattered out here." Storm taunted.

Sophie paled. She knew there would be casualties, but...

"Mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, they all died under your orders of protection of the elves. The elves, Amalia, the species that taunts and spits upon the Vatarians! And here you are, sacrificing lives to protect them."