~26~Cries Lost in the Wind

(This chapter is short, only 2300 words, but there is an explanation at the end of the chapter)

Ruy was tired, that was all he was able to feel. He didn't know where he was, and for a moment, he didn't know who he was.

It wasn't until he looked up, his vision blurry, and stared at the slats in his cell door.

Gethen's eyes stared back at him.

"Welcome back," Was all he said.

Ruy turned his head to look beside him, and groaned, trying to form words as he recognized his cell partner. Keefe Sencen was asleep beside him, a nasty bruise on his left eye. It seems they got him too.

They were with the Neverseen.

Ruy closed his eyes, unable to form a single word, and fell back asleep.

Sun Wukong stretched his arms over his body, laughing with a few other new recruits as they all tried the parkour and climbing practice

Sun Wukong stretched his arms over his body, laughing with a few other new recruits as they all tried the parkour and climbing practice. The winter chill was finally settling in Inalia, and the new Assassin recruits were practicing outside as much as possible before it became too cold.

"Guys we should head to bed soon, Mentore Amalia and the Inner Circle are supposed to be back soon and we should knock out some of these contracts before they come back," Sun answered.

"Ughhh, but I just want to go to the beach! I heard a few Grecian folks are holding a midnight dancing contest on the eastern side of the beach tomorrow! I want to show off some of my awesome moves!" The Assassin Fiona answered.

"Whatever, I'll just go grab a few from the mission room, maybe getting a few extra done will help us get higher in the guild!" Sun said cheerfully, his monkey tail swishing behind him. The others finally caved, and Sun quickly darted to the mission room to pick them up some contracts. Sun's last contract was a low level one, just getting rid of some bandits harassing the village of Meteora, just on the edge of the Grecian boundaries against the mountains.

Sun stopped once he walked past Maria's workshop. It was a massive room with skylights and machinery everywhere. She clearly left in a hurry since tools and scrap was still left around. But the harsh beeping coming from one of the control panels caught Sun's attention. He carefully maneuvered through the workshop, careful to avoid Maria's massive inventions. Luram Bak never understood all of the tech and such, but Sun Wukong found them curious.