~27~ Voices in my Head

Super unedited. This is early to make up for the chapter being so late last time. 

Enjoy this one lovelies ;)

~

Ruy was not expecting to be awoken by a deafening t-rex roar, but it woke him up nonetheless. Launching up in his bed wasn't the best choice, as the gash in his abdomen still ached.

"Merda," Ruy spat, whipping his head around. He was in a fairly large room filled to the brim with knick-knacks, piling boxes, and a mattress that his feet dangled off of. A small light was lit overhead the wire bed frame, and small lights were wrapped around the exposed beams above him.

 A small light was lit overhead the wire bed frame, and small lights were wrapped around the exposed beams above him

What the hell happened?

A soft voice cleared their throat from outside the door, "Are you decent?"

Ruy cursed again, throwing the covers away from him. Wherever the hell he is, it has to be bad. Gods, Sophie has to be worried sick about him. He assured her he would be home as soon as possible.

Shucking on an open button-down shirt he found in a box and a pair of heavy cargo pants, he swung open the window at the end of the room. With one foot out the window, the woman entered the room with her eyes covered.

"You didn't respond, so I welcomed himself in-" The woman peeked through her hand, catching Ruy halfway out the window with a stupid look on his face.

And it was Edaline fucking Ruewen.

Just his luck.

"What are you doing?!" Edaline yelped, scrambling to help him out of the windowsill. At the sound of that, two goblin bodyguards slammed into the room, assuming he attacked her.

"Where am I?!" Ruy insisted, jumping back into the room and limping away from her.

Edaline pursed her lips, gesturing around her, "Our home, Havenfield. You rolled onto our front steps two days ago-"

"Two days?!" Ruy began to pace, "Oh no, Blondie is going to kill me." Ruy turned to Edaline. Sophie's mother. Sophie's real mother was right in front of him. How should he do this?

I'm madly in love with your daughter, and I would fall on my own sword for her?

No, too much.

Hi, I'm Vespera's bastard son, and I just escaped a Neverseen castle?

Nope.

"Thank you for helping me." Ruy rasped out. Edaline smiled, grabbing a small tray of tea and bandages.

"You are welcome." Edaline side-eyed him, "You have an interesting accent. You sound like you are from a Vatarian city?"

Ruy remained quiet, opening and closing his fists.

Edaline smiled, pouring herself a cup of licorice tea, "I'm not dumb. I have a feeling you are from my daughters, uh, what do they call it?"

"Guild. They call it a guild." A grizzled voice answered from the door. Grady leaned against the frame of the door, glaring something vicious at Ruy.