~25~ Vanished Into Thin Air

(This isn't one of my best chapters, it was kinda rushed, but whatever.)

Ruy watched as the official Dunmer-Vatarian alliance declaration was passed around. All the Vatarian leaders signed off, and the document slid in front of Sarai and Dorian.

Sarai's signature was loopy and official, while Dorian's was straight and legible.

Ruy smiled at his dad as everyone in the room gently applauded and cheered, knowing this alliance was the start of a new era of peace. Arsinoe's assistants picked up the document and went to create copies for everyone. Dorian glanced at Ruy, and Ruy gave his father a true, real smile. Maybe even for the first time.

Maybe, just maybe, things are changing for the better.

"That handles one of the issues. Now, we will have a set time tomorrow to deal with the Inalian Senate's claim of a war crime against the Council, seeing as it isn't the main focus. Fang Guanyu and I have also received some important items that can help us get some insight into the Neverseen plans. We both have experts planning on presenting their research tomorrow when we gather again. But I want to address the civil unrest in Inalia currently."

"We stopped by Inalia," Ruy started, everyone turning to him.

"It seems Grecia grows in unrest." Was all he said. Unrest was an understatement. Sophie knows just as well, the Senate's taxes are insane, and Grecia has been absolutely nailed, while Renisanca thrives off it. When Ruy checked on Inalia as Sophie asked, he watched as people screamed at the tax collectors, throwing rocks and stale bread. The tax collectors were escorted out in worry for their lives. The Anti-Senate rebellion the Assassins discovered when they were revealed to the public seemed to have become more united, and it seems they had another voice whispering in their ear. The Senate was too far up their own asses to realize that... they may soon have a civil revolution on their hands.

"What do you mean by unrest?" The Avriman King asked.

Ruy casually looked at the Senate, "Grecia is starving because of your taxes, Senators. Grecia was always taxed and milked of its natural resources and the rich of Renisanca benefitted. They have begun to grow old of it." Ruy replied.

"It seems like the last of our worries right now-"

"How would a civil war help our fight against the Neverseen? Especially since it will only get worse for them during these times?" Arsinoe asked. Arturo and Fausta started to speak, but Vincenzo spat something out first, "The Pythia stated that we must keep taxes high in order to keep Inalia strong!" Vincenzo started.

"Oh please," The Governor of Cariana rolled his eyes, "That old hag? Your Pythia is a scam, probably a simple puppet whose strings are being pulled by a corrupt senator." He spat, eyeing Vincenzo.

"How dare you!" Vincenzo growled, starting towards him. As everyone struggled to remain calm, King Dorian leaned to his son.

"What the heck is a Pythia?" He whispered.

Ruy tried to calmly whisper back, even though his eyes were on the fight that was about to ensue, "The Pythia, also called the Oracle, is a woman from one of the sacred bloodlines in Inalia, they say this bloodline can tell the future and make predictions. She is a big deal in Inalia, to both commoners and nobles, but she never had any place in the Cyevan guild, so we never consulted her." Ruy answered.

Ruy got up to hopefully help diffuse the situation, but the lights flickered out in the entire conference. Everyone stopped their bickering, glancing around.

"Maybe it is a malfunction-"

Screams echoed through the conference room as a Mirthless Horoa crashed through the window. Fang Guanyu pulled Arsinoe away as the shatter glass shred through her dress, a hidden knife appearing in his palm. He kicked the Horoa when it wasn't looking, stabbing it in the stomach. More Mirthless came though, crashing through the windows along with Neverseen soldiers. Ruy body-slammed a man that charged Sarai, tackling him to the ground and rendering him unconscious.