~33~ The Veiled Spy

Super unedited.

Just a heads up, the formatting is kinda weird in this chapter. IDK why. Wattpad hates me. 

~

Wylie was frozen in place as Sophie slowly approached, her hands up in peace.
"What are you doing here S-" Sophie slapped her hand over his mouth, her eyes wide. She shook her head, a finger over her lips as she pulled his cloak from his shoulders. Wylie nearly threw himself in anger when she pulled his family pin off the cloak, pulling off the back.

Sophie noticed his apprehension, shuffling around in the empty shell of his now ruined family pin. His mother gave him that pin! He already helped the Assassins get Maria and Fitz back. What could she possibly want now?!
"You need to leave-" Wylie fell silent as Sophie pulled out a blinking red device from inside his pin, holding it out for him.
Wylie stared at the blinking device in his palm, his mouth dropping. What on earth could this be?
Sophie grabbed the notepad, scribbling on it and holding it out for him.
"Listening and tracking device. Neverseen make. Were you wearing your cloak when you came to the mission at Havenfield?"
Wylie read it over twice, trying to think if he wore his family pin at all. But he shook his head, the Mentore slumping in relief. She took back the pad, scribbling on it once more.
"What about anything else? Any trinkets your mother or father could have given you that could've been bugged?"
Wylie shook his head, Sophie letting out one final breath before dropping the pad back onto the table.
"Okay, I don't know if your apartment is bugged, but I doubt it. We can talk, but keep your voice down." Sophie started, searching his cabinets and lights for any other devices. Wylie grabbed her forearm, yanking her closer.
"What are you doing here?!" He hissed. Sophie yanked her arm back, reaching into her assassin robes and pulling out a small leather-bound journal.
She looked so nervous when she met his eyes, "What do you remember of your mother?"
Wylie cocked an eyebrow, "She made jewelry, she loved my dad and I, uh... she had red hair-"
"I mean did she tell you anything of her past, Wylie?" Sophie bit out.
Wylie laughed, crossing his arms, "She mentioned that she was a bit of a prankster when's he attended Foxfire, she used to skip school to go shopping, and that she met my dad super young. But besides that, not much." Sophie shook her head, leading Wylie to the couch.
"Wylie, your mom never went to Foxfire. She never went to Atlantis to go shopping with her friends." Sophie started.
Wylie scoffed, stepping back from the intruder, "And how do you know more about my mother than I do? She did normal things that all elven kids do."
She handed Wylie the journal, the elf staring at the assassin sigil on top. Sophie carefully led his hands to turn to the book to the back, pointing to the C.E etched in the back.
"Cyrah Endal wasn't an elf, Wylie. She was a Inalian born noblewoman and Cyevan spy."
He didn't know how to describe it. It was more than his heart dropping. It was his world being shredded apart. His childhood was a lie. His mother held this from him? She fed him lies while she sold secrets and lies?
"She was a childhood friend of my father's. This is her journal." Sophie took a deep breath, gesturing for Wylie to finally sit on the couch. He didn't fight her, dropping to the couch as he flipped open the cover.
"You have Inalian family. Cyrah, she was from a very famous Inalian noble family. The family of the Pythia." Sophie's voice caught on the last word as if saying it made her recoil, but she continued, "You are half Vatarian."
It was written in what he figured was the Inalian language, which made him doubt. Sophie placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, pointing to the page, "Just give it a second. Your brain will figure it out for you."
Wylie focused on the runes, his shocked brain straining against them. But then the words clicked for him as if he were a polyglot for all his life.
And there it was, his mother's name written in the top of the corner.
So Sophie held his shoulder for support as Wylie read his mother's darkest secrets.