~42~ Abandoned

Unedited. Like hella unedited.
~
Sophie watched the massive wooden fall from the heavens of her home. The place her father rebuilt was now about to kill her.
Part of her wished she was the Moonlark again, able to teleport out at a moment's notice and be able to ask Leto and the Collective what to do next.
But she was her own woman now, a woman that led herself to slaughter.
Her eyes drifted close, ready for the impact and for the breath to leave her lungs for a second time.
Sophie had a feeling Kynareth wouldn't give her another chance like she did before.

But the impact never came.

Eira's voice called out, "My King!"
Sophie's eyes flung open and watched as King Dorian and Prince Ruy held their hands up to the sky, blue force fields holding the debris. Sophie turned to Ruy with awe, but he was too focused on keeping the guildhall together to even give her any notice.
"GO!" King Dorian cried out.
Eira and Kylo pushed themselves out of the rubble and forced Sophie to her feet.
As fresh air overwhelmed her lungs, Sophie gasped in relief, cleaning out her body. She shrugged off Eira and Kylo, muttering quick thanks and standing on her own two feet.

The domed roof of her guildhall cracked up the side before caving in on itself.

The blue light from inside the guild sputtered out before Ruy and Dorian slammed through the front door, the guildhall crumbling behind them.
"Get back!" Ruy cried, a wave of dust and debris stampeding towards them. Ruy landed in front of Sophie, grabbing her and sheltering behind his wings. They crouched together, Ruy holding Sophie's head to his chest and grimacing as the deafening sound of the building shattering echoed around them.
Sophie had no idea how long they stayed like that, her ear pressed to Ruy's chest and her hand gripping the cloth of his shirt. She listened to his panting chest, focusing on the rapid beat of his heart. The heart that beat for her.

"You're okay. We're okay." Ruy repeated, his voice barely registering above a whisper.

Whether he was saying that to her or himself, she was unsure.
Ruy unraveled his wings and stood all too soon, still keeping Sophie tight to his chest. His arms wrapped tightly around her as they both scanned the pile of rubble and smoldering ashes that was once their guildhall.
"No... No." Sophie began, tears welling. People were clambering and demanding her attention, pointing out the fast-approaching group of soldiers.
Sophie thought of the group of soldiers were Neverseen soldiers in Lilac's vision.
Turns out they were Black Swan soldiers, instead. Black Swan soldiers mixed with Neverseen captains. So it really was true, then.
Leto was a Neverseen spy. It just started to sink in.
Sophie peeled away from Ruy, limping towards the rubble. Someone was barking orders behind her. She didn't quite know who- It was all muddled.
Sophie fell to her knees, not caring about the aching pain as she pressed her forehead to the ground. She clamped her hands over her ears to tune out it all and began to sob.
Wild, ugly sobbing. She lost it. This beautiful amazing gift of a guild that her father hand-built from the ground up, and she just killed it.