37. Interrogation From The Treacherous Distance

[3rd Pov]
The Days Union City

It is the same day, a few minutes passed after talking with Morgenne, Sorrow and Uleanra. Adam's search was going slow today, of course the male checked in his residence but no soul spotted in sight. He could be in a blind area inside or walking somewhere in the city further. He backed away from the building, his blue eyes taking a moment to stare at it. "Does he even go in for anything?" He thought in his mind, seemingly a little dusty as if nobody even walked here for many ages. His eyes wandered off to another spot, nothing left like a clue to where he headed or if he was taken to be intrigued.

Adam lets out a heavy sigh, knowing it'll be another day of looking at the faces of many to find Jake. It's not like he didn't want to, he just wanted his friend back. At least knowing if there still are fragments of their friendship left, he needed to fix it. Otherwise if he didn't, then his friend will end up at a worse place than he already is. He didn't want that.

Right before Adam took another step away, he heard his name being called out. He brought his head up, a couple of looks taken around until he spotted one of his friends approaching closer. "Uleanra?" The male spotted, tilting his head in confusion on why he was suddenly looking for him after leaving. "What's the matter." He walk closer too, seeing that he has been running here in a rush. The response wasn't quick, all he released was heavy pants and taking in deep breaths making the other male worried about the rush.

"Hey... Be careful! Those past days really exhausted you." Adam said concern, trying all his best to help out Uleanra. Even though he felt completely useless to do anything. "I'm fine.. I-I just.. needed to tell you something." Eventually he regained his normal breathing pattern, and was able to have a straight posture. His eyes behind the shades stare up at him, a moment taken to hesitate to speak. "...I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell you this, b-but I don't wanna hide anything from you that's valuable." He started off, a little shameful to not tell him before he went away. "Oh.. I-I'm listening." In the quickest flash, this even more nervous look appeared in his eyes. He felt suddenly his neck tighten, lungs clogged up and shallow breaths taken.

For a moment Uleanra took a short moment looking all around the area, having no sight of an operative in their surroundings. His vision turning over to Adam, his eyes focused onto the male. "Earlier when I was walking around with the other two, I heard a bit of conversation between these civilians. They mention us coming here, apparently many more hear about us that aren't myths but that isn't the case." He says, "I heard from them they saw operatives go to one of our residences, obviously him, saying they're gonna interrogate him or something like that. I'm sorry I didn't tell you minutes before, I didn't wanna worry you more than you already are."

Uleanra gave a sad expression looking down on the ground. "I didn't want to keep anything from you... I know we shouldn't any more..." Despite his shades on his face, he seemed to feel sorry for Adam being lied to and not being told a word about the enemies from Jake. Strangely empathy wasn't the only emotion he brought off his aura, a thin layer of fear is applied to it. The male wasn't sure why he felt fear, or perhaps it was very deep penitent. Whatever it was, it made him feel weak and vulnerable.

"...It's okay, I'm glad you were at least able to tell me." Adam said full of exculpation, his expression hadn't changed into a frown like Uleanra expected it to. The stare he gave, it wasn't hostile. A patience has shown greatly, his mild blue eyes ease the shaky male down to peace. "Do you know anything else? It'd be useful for me to know." He adds in, his soothing voice tone hadn't changed. "No.. I'm sorry." The second male's hands turn into tight fists, most likely to hold in all his nervous feelings. There had been silence between the two for some seconds, civilians walked past minding their business even though they knew who the two were. Words aren't said in the air, only within their minds.