10. Together Forever

[3rd Pov]
Adams House

Jake had already gotten into his best friends house by being driven there by him. During that drive there weren't any problems or anything to worry about. Getting to his home did start off really good like usual. They were having their usual fun playing video games together, chatting and making jokes they would crack up with lots of laughter going around. Also they reminded each other about the memories they had, the ones they found precious and valuable.

Eventually the two best friends saw the time, it was already getting more and more late with each minute passing with happiness and peace. Though they wanted to have just one more conversation before leaving the house since Jake insisted, he acted a little bit off about it. They decided to talk outside in Adam's backyard, there were seats outside and everything nice too. There was a light too that detected movement. That is when their conversation starts when it turns on, it suddenly felt important even if it felt like one of their normal talks they always have.

Both best friends were sitting on the chairs outside with the small tables nearby, being apart from each other a few inches, about five exactly or a little less than that. "Was there anything important you needed to tell me?" His friend asked in a cheerful tone, happy to hear anything he needs to tell him right now. "I-..I mean kinda, I'm not sure if it's really that important to you or anyone at all." His tone sounded nervous and anxious, his vision was stuck onto the ground not moving them anywhere else.

"I'm sure it's gonna sound very important." Adam encourages him to say what he needs to discuss with him. Although he sat in silence for some couple a seconds looking worried and ashamed, he was holding something back, words couldn't escape from his lips. "I-I.. uh.." Jake had stammered a lot at the beginning sounding nervous, especially when he took a glimpse in the eyes of Adam. That made him worry more.

"..d-don't know if I-I want to say it anymore." Jake muttered quietly, being unable to speak any other words he wanted to use in a sentence together. Jake starts to stutter, looking embarrassed by the expression in his face from what he wanted to tell him. "I-I d-don't like this stupid a-awkward feeling." He lets out a small whine not being able to resist the pressure he is feeling right now. He wished he could spit the words out already to see his reaction of it.

"It's okay, if you really want to tell me you can go ahead. I won't say anything." Adam tells him in a trustable tone that Jake recognized. "But I wouldn't want you to feel pressure at all, you could tell me later what you wanted to tell me." He adds in his sentence still sounding trustable, he held up a smile and not any upsetting expression to scare his friend and pressure. "..I..I don't.. know, I wanted to tell y-you but....I just.. don't know anymore!" It seemed like his best friend is getting his emotions mixed up together. He did seem pressured and more worried than ever. "Why is this so damn hard." His hand clutched onto the armrest, feeling like someone needs to punch his stomach as a distraction from his emotions.

"If you're not ready to tell me, then stop pressuring yourself please." Adam tells him too, feeling a little worried by how he acted. "Adam I want to but!... I don't know what's stopping me." Jake tells lowering his tone into a quiet one, staring down to avoid more eye contact. Now he felt embarrassed about bringing his best friend out here and himself under the cloudy sky with some moonlight shining down at the two of them. "O-Oh, that's okay. Just calm down, you can tell me whenever you are able to speak." His best friend attempted his best to keep him calm, but all he did is make Jake feel more pressured by his delightful perfection and caring with kindness, somehow he thought about his intelligence.

"M-Maybe then... I guess, if you really don't judge me." Jake says through a regrettable thought in his head, also repeatedly calling himself an imbecile and stupid. "Friends don't lie, I don't lie." Adam tells his friend through a soft tone, already knowing if he changes it, it would scare him. Not scare him like that but just make him worried. "I wouldn't judge you with whatever is needed to say, or anybody at all." He says, "Not unless someone said anything negative about you and the rest."

"You're too nice Adam, why are you even around me." Jake sighs, leaning his back down on the chair feeling defeated. "Obviously because we're friends, and I'm always gonna be it." He answered trying to keep his mood positive. "And I'm pretty sure the universe is trying to tell us something we both should already know." Jake heard him out for the rest since he had no idea what, because of the many things they share. "We're stronger together than apart." He really wouldn't like the thought of being apart from his best friend, he'd probably chase after him with whatever is happening with him.

"You are right, I... uh.. really would like to continue being your.. friend." Jake looked more upset, looking away in the dark now feeling another thing he had always felt from the start of their friendship. Or it might be somewhere else that felt meaningful to him a lot. Adam felt bad that he might have upset his best friend, though the next thing he tells him didn't just come from empathy but his love and trust for him. "You could stay for the night tonight if you'd like to, you wouldn't be a bother at all." Adam offered him with Jake looking up at him slowly in the eyes.

"Are you sure about that? Those two things." He questions and sees Adam nod his head as a yes. "I am very sure, it'll be okay too! You can sleep on the couch or my bed." He was being generous at his best friend as usual, seeing his expression slightly change into a better one and especially the look in his eyes. "Well.. you offered, a-and I prefer the couch, not that your bed is bad." He honestly prefers another thing much more but he just didn't like the idea of Adam sacrificing himself for every single thing for him or even anybody. "Hm alright, and it is getting late. I'm gonna go prepare the couch for you." He tells him, standing up from the chair with a cheerful expression shown.

"I-I'm gonna call Albert to tell him I'm staying over for the night, so he wouldn't worry." Jake said, Adam nodding his head and then getting inside of his house. "Also don't you worry about me, I'll be out here for a little calling him. I'll enter back inside after I finish it." He tells him a little loud, hearing a response and hearing his best friend saying he's gonna sleep once he finishes setting up the couch for him after having a long night of laughing and keeping a smile on his face from the happiness and peace he felt in him when everyone was around again.