22. Promise

[3rd Pov]
Flashback

"He's very stupid! I can't believe he won against me in all those matches!" Albert yelled but not too loud for the world to hear him. He crossed his arms with a small glare in his eyes, and also had a frown. Venting out his feelings or mostly just complaining to his other best friend. What had happened is Albert had been challenged to a game by one of his best friends, of course Albert being Albert started to get cocky about winning. Though after the couple of matches, he had lost. That same best friend's victory of the game was rubbed all over his face only making him feel more upset about his loss. "I shouldn't have lost that damn challenge!" He lets out a heavy sigh afterwards.

"Against what this time? Dancing? You're so pathetic and weak." Alberts other best friend told him, having a deep intimidating tone as always. "I felt so sure your job with that long pole would make you successful to this challenge that you lost in." He laughed out, knowing he made fun of Albert. He grinned afterwards of his amusement, showing his teeth sharp like razors, and his eyes like a snake stared down at him. "Shut up! I don't do anything like that. I'm nothing like you." He scoffed acting serious but had laughed back at him, expressing his joy through his smile. "Of course you're not. I am everything better. You are entirely something different than me." His best friend stood there tall and proud not having a menacing look in his face but a very positive one. One that just seemed peaceful. "So... You admit you do that?" He stared up at him with a blank face showing no emotion. Although he had snickered seconds later. "SHUT UP. I don't!-"

"Whatever, but it still sucks I lost against him." He huffed, feeling a bit angered but mostly upset trying to let it go. "What was it that you were challenged by your friend?" He questioned waiting for an answer patiently. "..Sword fighting.. or however it's called again..." Albert muttered in a low tone, feeling disappointed he had lost against his best friend once more. "Pathetic and stupid as usual. What was his name again? It's the same one you play all those challenges or games right?" Albert nodded his head with the last part said. "It's Jake." He said his best friend's name.

"Well you tell your little boyfriend to watch out the next time because I, Alone Traveler will teach you to wield a sword." Alone Traveler said, putting his arm up and got his sword from his back, slashing it down to the ground. Albert shrieks. "N-Not here Alone Traveler, people will nod likely freak if they see you around with that weapon! This is a public place." He whispered out loudly, feeling frightened to get in trouble. Though the first response was a careless laugh. "They're already suspecting me! And that doesn't matter to me." Is his other response as he lifted his sword up from the ground with the grass grown around.

"Also stop calling me Alone Traveler already, call me Alone. Imbecile." He mentioned, hearing an apology come out from Albert. For a brief moment the male with the red hoodie stood there admiring the cool temperature and the small gentle breeze that was passing by. "..Oh okay, then it's Alone Imbecile." He joked, starting to giggle a little, having a smile on his lips. He got smacked in the head, hearing laughter out from Alone for some short seconds also saw a bright smile on him. Until his expression turned a bit stern, his red eyes looked down at Albert, and had a grin showing his teeth. "Hear me out Albert. I can really teach you, you've seen me use my sword before." Alone told him in a bit of a serious tone, with a menacing stare that Albert found a little frightening but not very much.

"That's nice of you but.. isn't that too much just for a game?" Albert told him, making direct eye contact with him. "Just listen Albert..." Alone had a further stern expression on his face, his lips frowning, and eye expressing concern. The small wind once again blew through their way, his white hair flowing from underneath his cap. "You put yourself in danger by visiting these other myths.. some are dangerous like me." Alone says with his eyes glaring a little down at Albert, seeing him stare back quietly. "My intentions aren't to hurt you but others are like them." Albert questioned in his head who exactly are those threats until he got the idea of one that loved to smile.