5. A Slice Of Apple Cake

[3rd Pov]
Convenience Store

Jake thought the convenience store nearby their house would be the best place to get some delicious snacks for the game night happening in some days. Sure there can be a possibility that the other three can not come along due to their own reasons but he at least did want to enjoy that night with his three friends. Especially one of them, he wouldn't mention the name if he needed to.

Jake began looking at the shelves stocked up with many kinds of different snacks. Though he looked over at the chips section, he wondered if they would like any Cheetos. He decided to grab one of the large bags, so it could be enough for everyone in the game night but of course he grabbed another one that's spicy. Just if anybody prefers it, though he's pretty sure there's some that won't.

For a moment he looked out the window, it wasn't really visible due to the advertisements and the glowing open lights, and images too. He could only see some small spots showing the outside, he didn't pay much attention after he decided what to get for the next snack. When he went over to look for a specific snack on the shelves, his luck struck like gold. There showed a certain someone's favorite snack he wanted to get. He immediately walks over to snatch it, taking it in his hands, smiling a little bit. Though he had stopped himself thinking he might look creepy and should have stopped thinking something in his mind. He felt a little embarrassed, he suffered silently.

Jake did think he shouldn't buy too much, they do have some cookies and other good things in the house they can enjoy as well. But he did want one final item for the game night for a friend to enjoy himself. When he walks over to a spot where he usually finds cake. He sees a girl with blonde hair with black glasses standing there, eating a slice of apple cake. He hoped she bought it and didn't steal it, although she really seemed like a fan of apple cake.

When he got closer to see the cakes, there were no other cakes left, they were all gone and needed to be restocked soon. "Albert is going to murder me." Jake muttered then asked the cashier if there's any cake left they have but the cashier shakes their head as a no, apologizing too. "Dammit." Jake says, knowing he has to find some snack good enough for Selozar to enjoy otherwise Albert would end his life, right at the moment where he really wants to enjoy being with somebody.

Jake nearly was going to turn around to find a worthy snack for 'Alberts mans' on the shelves until he heard somebody tell him something. He sees it was the younger girl who was eating the apple cake slice with a plastic white fork. "It's a shame that there's no more cake." She says as she eats another piece of her delicious creamy cake with apples on top. "I know." Jake said, sorta taking a step back. "I assume it's not for you, those two couples who are disgusting and holding hands all the time. I saw you with them" She said but she sounded like she was joking around.

"You know them?..." Jake questions then felt suspicious more and more about this girl. "Or do you follow them?" The girl scoffed loud, eating more of her apple cake. "I annoy them, I do not stalk." She then explains she isn't stalking or following any of the two, "They usually come here to buy cake and I do too." She looked down at her slice, then back up to Jake feeling less uneasy. "It's our thing now, they do at least know that I joke around since I really don't want to bother them."

"Oh uh, that's good to hear." Jake said then the girl said something to him. "You do know the word going around about one of the two, right?..." Is what she said then Jake asked if she may tell him about it, she agreed with a nod. "They do take walks around this area and some people think the black hair one looks different, like you know, like a thing or something." She says but didn't exactly know how to explain the last part. "Monster?... I don't know, they just say he doesn't look like a human much but yes."