34. Talk To Me

[3rd Pov]
Days Union City

It first started with the sun rising for another day for everyone. Slowly as the sky got more clear of a bright but dull light, each of the gang awoken to have a full remembrance for the past days of their lives. As well for the beginning of the special decision, such a cruel but beautiful path taken. Truly there still hasn't been thoughts for a regret or mistake done those old days.

Anyways all of their first day only in this place began with the strong cold, tight and inescapable embrace of despair and grief. In a cold sweat, Albert woke up from his slumber, feeling so overwhelmed by all that had happened. This deep pit in him wouldn't stop at a moment after witnessing one of his friends have a horrible end. Nothing at this point lifted him, he felt empty. There were some feelings waking up next to his boyfriend, but it was much less than he ever felt. Those days felt like they were over.

Albert remained in his bed shared with Selozar with thoughts of the past. He believed they could come so far but at this type of price? He didn't want to keep on paying it. The price is too awful. Throughout his deep thinking, he thought about how he would be optimistic during problems like these, he felt not a feeling to say. He felt absolutely nothing but the pit of grief, anger and despair. Strong emotions he knew he needed to bottle up for now, especially knowing a release would be terrible. The last thing he wants to do is a foolish mistake over his emotions.

Albert unfortunately felt hopeless, he really wished he wouldn't have changed into this but every single thing had gone horrible. His last final fragments of hope kept him alive. For everyone else too, including in someone else that has almost fully surrendered to despair. Hopefully the darkness doesn't corrupt him. Just looking in his eyes, a dark taint appeared. Adam knew what he needed to do by that, he was committed to it. Finding out the side of Jake and discovering the truth to what happened. There was also this other emotion he knew he couldn't leave down for Jake. Their bond has been strong, he just knows it still is remaining in both of them. He believed so, really.

For the rest of the morning, with everyone having a bit of a familiar taste in the city, some had gone out to see more. There were groups going around, taking some time to recover from their injuries and as well for what was experienced. Back to the groups, Jake was the only one by himself walking around knowing he can't leave. He didn't care much, he just looked like a soulless being roaming the earth, having no purpose to fulfill. That's why Adam knows he needs to help him. The other reason is having a bit of growing hope for there being some good in his soul. Somewhere within all those strong layers of the darkness, he still is in there. He believed not only in that and else said but himself to reach out to him until he finally comes back to his true self.

Later. . .

The sun had come out, but the sky had been covered in many white fluffy clouds. Under that sky, Jake has been wide awake from hours ago. He had slept for a while but not long. During his walk to wherever the path takes him, he was quiet and would glare over to noisy civilians. Other than that, he remained calm or stable for this moment. He didn't want trouble for now.

[Adam Pov]

I had woken up pretty exhausted this morning, I felt weak walking around out here, but I needed to find Jake. Right now that isn't going well, I know a few changes have been made here but I didn't expect for me to feel this lost. I have seen everyone else but not him, I wonder where he is. I don't think he would be interested in any building here, or anything about a place like this. Maybe he hasn't left his bed. He sometimes does sleep a lot more than he intends to, or depending what day it would be today. Like Albert and Selozar having their day spent home all over the couch he doesn't like to nap any more. Those days would be fun to spend with him. Especially those days when we all four go together out.