23. The Devil You Loved And Trusted

[3rd Pov]
Hotel

Albert just sat there in the comfortable chair, even though he felt extremely uncomfortable, expecting Alone to say something but he was in silence glaring deeply. He probably was waiting for Adam to return or expected Albert to say something instead. There was just dead silence, no words came out from any one of the two. They were alone in the public room which made it more awkward for Albert.

Albert definitely felt frightened and had his guard up if anything happened. Although he felt like he wasn't a threat at all no longer. Maybe, my words finally got through him Albert thought in his head quietly as he stared into the fuzzy carpet covering all the floor. He started to question more things in his head about Alone Traveler. Could this be a sight of peace? Could it really be all positive? Even after everything that has happened between the two including the others. There were many terrible doubts with every memory remembered related to coldness and weakness. Though there was hope, just a bit in all that doubt.

Albert felt like the need to say something to him after thinking this in his head, at least maybe a few words to start something. He lifts his head up over to face Alone, seeing he had taken his glare to the other side of the public room. It seemed like he stared into a painting with a tree, maybe not, it did seem like he looked somewhere else around that spot.

Albert definitely kept in mind about him hurting his friends and Selozar, he really did and wouldn't forget the things he did to hurt him. But this might even be the chance to put that all in their past, everything, it could all be put in their past. Albert had hope and believed in it deeply now and before then. He felt like the need to start something. "I-I noticed Rust didn't heal all of your injuries back there.. a..are you um alright? It must have been difficult getting to my home.." Albert asked nervously, feeling like he should be thrown off a building now but that hope and believe still was in there. "Don't pity me. Don't ask about it again either." Alone only responded in an aggressive tone, making Albert feel deep into the ground.

Albert was still sitting there, feeling like he needed to say more to investigate him. He didn't want to give up with it. This is an opportunity. "I-If you're feeling upset right now.. w-we can meet up with Adam later today.." Albert said to make sure he felt at a positive level. Which seemed impossible. Alone didn't stop glaring at the same direction, there was this wicked emotion he had in his red eyes. He could be deep in hatred and anger. "I never said I was upset. We don't need that, time will only be wasted." He responded only to make the entire room more deeply tense and awkward. "Unless you badly want to run along with your friends, the ones you do everything with." He glares over at Albert who stared back with a calmer expression but concerned for himself.

Albert felt pretty frustrated how he was acting like this when he tried to communicate. He didn't exactly think of the many reasons why he'd refused to communicate back. "I don't need to be with them all the time. T-They're at least away from any threats. Including the stable ones." Albert responded, his tone lowering down halfway through his sentence. Alone only glares deeper, not having any smile but a grin on his face. Albert knew he had gotten him angered, though he knew now he had to be careful with his words. He can't be careless again with him like that or the past one.

"That must be the reason you've decided to stay here away from that friend of yours and boyfriend." Alone told him knowing they were both deadly threats to him. At least they're not anymore, hopefully. "It does seem like you're together with a clown, it's really not a surprise. You'd be perfect for each other." Alone insulted but Albert fought back now being careless again, already forgetting he can be a real deadly threat. "I wouldn't ever get together with you." In that moment Alones reaction had changed differently but he held it back. Hiding it under all his anger and strength.