41. Our Collapsed Friendship

[3rd Pov]

The sky had already been covered with many stars, a perfect full moon in the sky bright as ever. As much it is nice to gaze at the twinkling stars, civilians had began to hide inside their residences from what can lurk in the dark. Although not Jake and Adam, those two are at it again for this night once more. For a day yet again, he had been trying to convince his friend to come back to them, though it was always ignored or told to go far away. Sometimes the male would attempt to lose him from his sight. That didn't work obviously.

The two weren't near any of their residences, it did worry Adam a lot they could be in danger and won't be near to run inside safe. He decided to stay with Jake until they arrived at his residence, he stood a little bit closer this time. "Y-You know, you should walk back to your residence now. It's getting dark..." Adam said with his eyes staring around at every dark corner, his heart throbbing for their safety. "It's not safe for us, let's head back now.." He added in, trying to get the male convinced but no reaction, or turn back the way the building is. Jake only walked more not saying a word, he just glared at the ground with his hands held in a tight fist. "Please Jake..." He called out quietly but still he did not listen.

The sky began to cover with dark large clouds, rain was gonna come. It didn't bother Adam the most, he badly wanted to turn around already by how further they went away in a dangerous area. Adam through out the way more kept on calling for his friend to turn around, and to come back home as well which it only made Jakes patience smaller.

Throughout everything Jake ignored, they walked a further more till Adam realized they were walking away from in close contact of a operative or help from someone. The blonde male grinned feeling nervous, especially when he knew this was a common area for those creatures to attack than the spot they stood at the beginning. Even more for the operative to not be patrolling this area at the moment, there could be a chance for one of them to be hurt. He knew he had to make him turn away back to his residence. "Jake!" He tried to get his attention, but at last his movement only kept walking away. "Leave me be." He only says with a angry tone, his face hidden by the darkness but still rage noticeable. "No! We need to leave this area now, there aren't any operatives patrolling around here! It's gonna rain soon too..." His friend expressed, his hand reaching out to the others arm to get his attention from his concern.

Jake reacted at this very quickly by shaking Adams hand off aggressively with one swing, turning over to face him to a glare down. "Leave me the hell alone already!" He yelled, beginning to continue his anger overpowering the one quiet. "I said I don't fucking wanna go back with you or them, leave me the hell be already! I wanna be alone." He added in, his teeth clenched and blood boiling. His eyes gave this glare different from all the others, something being held back, something else worse. "N-No you need to go back home! You need to come back, please!" The angry one was about to step out again ignoring the male. Adam tried to stop him again only this time by grabbing his arm trying to talk to him for his safety, until suddenly in a swift move Jake with his other hand punched him in the face with incredible force. It had been so hard, it knocked him back onto the ground whimpering.

Jakes expression fully hid in the dark by the clouds taking over, his hand still was raised up and on his fingers he felt liquid. It took him a small second to realize it was Adams blood. It took longer seconds for Adam himself to realize he bled on his nose from the punch, since he had been very surprised his friend had punched him onto the ground.

The clouds began to close in together, looking as if they merged in all together as one big one, the sound of soft thunder beginning was heard by the silence done. Rain was gonna began eventually, all night and tomorrow as well.

Jake puts his arm down, slightly shaking his hand to get the blood off, then puts a straight posture glaring down at the male."...S-Stay away from me already! I have been telling you for these past days to leave me alone!" Jake says, slightly approaching Adam who only started up in shock and sadness in his eyes. "If you continue to follow me.. then you're gonna get it! I don't care about you, I don't want you by my side!" The one on the ground bleeding just was quiet, he could not believe he just been hurt by the one he never wanted to leave alone, the one he thought so nice of. His heart slightly shattered, even some of his determination to get him back. "B..But I don't want to leave you alone! W-We always spoke about how we would always be by each other's side!..." His eyes wanted to tear up, his throat clutched from the cries he wanted to release. His hands grasped his arm to resist this awful pain, knowing it would leave marks behind on his skin.

The darkness surrounded the two, there was nothing more but them under this dark night. The dim lights did not shine too bright or strong, they seemed to be dying out. Jake laughs at his reply slowly, it stabbed Adam in his heart deeply as a dagger could. "What did you think, really?" He questioned then went on, getting close to him to scare him. "Did you really think it'd be all peaceful after everything that has happened to us all? Did you really convince your own self I would stay by your side?" He chuckled with a smile, laughing a bit more at him to amuse himself. "None of it has mattered to me. I don't care what I said or did with you those nights, how did I ever stand up with it, especially you?" His hand ran down through his hair, waiting for a reply from the male, but he wasn't too sure of what to say. Instead Jake went on again further to hurt him. "We were never gonna be together for a longer time in your home or Alberts laughing, playing games, or anything. Did you really believe in THAT? Are you an idiot."

Adam looked down at the ground lost of hope, seeing his blood spill down onto it and finally he saw his own tears falling from his blue eyes. The small light in the city made him see less and less, only the dark was on his face. "W-We both did believe in that a lot in those nights you mentioned... Y-You're just saying all this, you d..don't mean any of it..." He spoke with a breaking voice, feeling piece by piece his heart being destroyed and consumed by the darkness of the world and despair. "Your delusional." He says with a grin, about to turn away and walk off.

Until Jake made one more movement to pick up Adam by the collar of his shirt and directly glare at him in his eyes. "I will only say this one more time... Don't you ever follow me again, or this time it will be worse." The look he gave to Adam left him shattered and to feel despaired, he never in his life thought this side would win over everything, he was giving up to save his friend. He can't win him back, it was over for him.

Jake gripped the collar of his shirt tighter, pulling him closer upwards to stare at him and speak back forcefully. "Do you understand?" He questioned, his eyes glaring with death. Adam gazed back with tears falling down his face, he didn't know what to reply to that, he didn't wanna agree. He didn't wanna give up to this darkness, but he felt weakened. His strength disappeared away slowly, his hope faded away like a candle being blown away. Without an answer Jake scoffs, dropping Adam back down leaving him to cry there and began walking away without feeling a care in the world or empathy.

Adam began to cry quietly, his noises being muffled with his hands by how much he wanted to release. It could not be believed, but he was letting go of what he held for Jake. Slowly he felt a few raindrops fall from the sky, it began to rain down more and more as he just was on the ground on his knees. He just felt shocked it was ending, he couldn't believe it but he was, their friendship was slowly breaking apart, it was falling apart. He is losing his friend, he's letting go of his hand. He felt like screaming out for help but he couldn't, he was alone on this, everyone already gave up on him.